|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2013 12:01 PM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) was recognized by CAREERS & the disABLED Magazine as one of the nation's "Top 50 Employers for Persons with Disabilities," according to the magazine's January 2013 issue.
The annual list recognizes corporations for their commitment to employees with disabilities. The magazine's readers nominated the companies that they would most like to work for or believe would provide a progressive environment for people with disabilities. This is the first time that PG&E is included in CAREERS & the disABLED Magazine's "Top 50 Employers for Persons with Disabilities" list.
As a part of the commitment to diversity and inclusion, PG&E strives to ensure that its online application process is accessible to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. All opportunities are available at www.pge.com/careers.
In addition, PG&E helps increase cognizance and understanding of disability issues through its Access Network Employee Resource Group (ERG). This ERG provides knowledge, support and company resources to employees and their families by collaborating with community based organizations, promoting volunteerism, and providing education.
"In line with PG&E's core value in diversity and inclusion, Access Network ERG focuses on providing support to all employees whether directly impacted or seeking a greater awareness of disability issues," said Laurie Giammona, PG&E's vice president of Customer Service and sponsoring officer of Access Network. "This recognition is a credit to the ERG's commitment to living PG&E's values as we provide safe, reliable gas and electric service to diverse customers and communities."
For information on PG&E's diversity and inclusion efforts and the company's supplier diversity program, visit www.pge.com/about/company/diversityinclusion/.
About CAREERS & the disABLED magazine
CAREERS & the disABLED magazine, established in 1986, is the nation's first and only career-guidance and recruitment magazine for people with disabilities who are at undergraduate, graduate, or professional levels. Each issue features a special Braille section. CAREERS & the disABLED has won many awards, including several media "Award of Excellence" acknowledgments from the President's Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California. For more information, visit www.pge.com/about/newsroom/ or www.pgecurrents.com.
SOURCE Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London