|By Business Wire||
|January 16, 2013 11:00 AM EST||
Bitcasa, the only provider of infinite storage across all devices, announced today the move to an office space four times larger than the previous one to accommodate the growing number of employees, which has also quadrupled in 2012. The new office in Downtown Mountain View at 215 Castro Street is a remarkable upgrade from its prior office at 274 Castro Street: from 2200 square feet to 8500 square feet, occupying the entire second floor of the building.
“2012 has been an amazing year for us,” said Tony Gauda, co-founder and CEO of Bitcasa. “We launched our public beta program and announced a $7-million funding round in June 2012, and, since then, the customer demand for our Infinite Drive™ has been growing at a very rapid rate. We have four times the number of employees we had at the beginning of 2012 and we are moving now to an office that is four times bigger to support this growth. We have big plans for 2013 and I am looking forward to sharing them with everybody.”
A month ago, Bitcasa announced the release of its Android and Windows 8/RT apps. The new mobile apps allow instant streaming and safe sharing of music, photos, videos, and documents from the Bitcasa Infinite Drive in the cloud.
Founded by former Mastercard and Mozy employees and backed by top-tier investors, including Horizons Ventures, Pelion Venture Partners, Samsung Ventures and Andreessen Horowitz, Bitcasa is redefining how consumers and SMBs are storing and accessing their data. Bitcasa offers access to an Infinite Drive across all devices; supported clients are Android, iOS, Windows, Windows RT, Mac OSX, and the web portal. Users never have to worry about disk space again; they can save, access, and share an unlimited number of documents, pictures, music, and movies from any device. Everything is encrypted locally and backed up in the cloud, so user data is always safe and secure. Download at www.bitcasa.com, and follow us at www.twitter.com/bitcasa and www.facebook.com/bitcasa.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher