|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2013 11:00 AM EST||
LONDON, January 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Ever wondered what the person next to you is looking at on their tablet? With the Internet accessible to so many, it's tempting to take a peek at your neighbours' browsing choices. A survey has revealed the most popular UK Google searches of the year and the most Googled person was singer Whitney Houston, who died in February. Children's favourite "Mike the Knight" was the most searched for item in TV entertainment, chronicling the adventures of a plucky knight in training.
Despite the UK hosting the Games, it seems football's still our favourite sporting pursuit, with "Euro 2012" searched for more times than the Olympics. However the British Olympians were still searched for frequently, with tennis player Andy Murray and diver Tom Daley amongst the most popular.
The iPad 3 topped the list as the most searched for piece of tech. Despite its popularity it's remained affordable, with suppliers such as Carphone Warehouse selling it from £29 a month, with an upfront cost of £249.
Although reasonably priced, the iPad 3 (also known as the New Apple iPad) and the host of other tablets available are pieces of tech you want to make the most of. Tablets are ranking high in Google searches, yet there's a lack of information out there about how to actually get to grips with them. A recent report found that tablet users tend to be older than those using smartphones. Those aged 50 and over are more likely to own a tablet than a smartphone, compared to those aged 18 to 24 who prefer the latter. The older generation know a world without an emphasis on devices, so the learning curve can be steeper than it is for those who've been weaned on technology. Carphone Warehouse provides a straightforward guide to getting to know your device, so you'll master the basics in record time whilst ensuring you don't miss out on any of its features. In straightforward, non-technical language, you can learn all about the new Apple iPad, including how to download an app, access the iTunes store, and how to get to grips with features like Maps and iBooks.
Notes to Editors
• Carphone Warehouse is the largest independent mobile phone retailer in the UK, with over 800 stores nationwide
• Discover how to get more from your gadgets with Eye Openers from Carphone Warehouse. Eye Openers is a YouTube channel which features videos of Carphone Warehouse team members sharing useful hints and tips on everything from laptops to Sat Navs to the latest mobile phones. With new videos being added each month, users can search through hundreds of videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeopeners.
About Carphone Warehouse and Geek Squad
In 2006 Best Buy established a partnership with Carphone Warehouse to bring its business model and mobile phone expertise to the US market under the banner 'Best Buy Mobile'. Two years later, Best Buy acquired 50% of The Carphone Warehouse's European and US retail interests for £1.1billion, creating Best Buy Europe. The joint venture now encompasses the following retail and technical support brands: Carphone Warehouse, The Phone House and Geek Squad.
SOURCE Carphone Warehouse
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher