|By Marketwired .||
|January 16, 2013 09:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/16/13 -- Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD), the performance company, today announced that the company has been honored with the 2012 Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility. Riverbed® received this award for its use of workplace flexibility as an effective strategy to increase employee satisfaction and productivity. To provide employees with flexible workplace options, Riverbed has instituted numerous self-help and assisted programs such as flexible work schedules, work-from-home policies and leave time options.
The Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility is part of the national When Work Works project administered by the Families and Work Institute and the Society for Human Resource Management, which recognizes employers of all sizes and types across the country. The Sloan Awards are unique for their rigorous, two-step selection process, which involves an evaluation of employers' flexibility programs and practices, and a confidential employee survey. All applicants are measured against national norms from the National Study of Employers.
Riverbed provides flexible workplace options to empower employees to be balanced, healthy, family-oriented and contributing members of society that include:
- Flexible Work Schedules - Riverbed recognizes that balancing work and personal time can be challenging and offers flexible work schedules to help accommodate hard working employees.
- Work from Home Policies - Riverbed has a performance-based culture, whether the employee works from the office or from home and makes every attempt to accommodate work from home options.
- Infrastructure and Systems Investments - Riverbed has invested millions of dollars in computer systems, hardware and software to accommodate remote access, employee self-service and 24/7 Riverbed technical support. Employees access online portals for benefits, IT support and human resource support enhancing their ability to access key company resources.
- Newborn Child and Adoption Leave & Financial Assistance - Riverbed recognizes that one of the most important times during a child's life is during infancy, or in the case of adoption, early in the adoption process and offers employees leave time to spend time together and financial support for adoptions.
- Personal and Family Illness Leave - Riverbed recognizes that healthy employees are happier and better balanced. In order to encourage employees to be happy, Riverbed offers numerous wellness options as well as leave time to deal with personal and family illness.
- Community Service - Riverbed recognizes that great employees also want to contribute to the betterment of the communities they live in and work in and encourage employees to participate in group volunteer activities such as with the San Francisco Food Bank and Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.
- Sports and Fitness - Riverbed promotes health and fitness and has set up co-ed soccer leagues, fitness programs and also allowed employees to set up flexible work schedules to celebrate victories of local sports teams such as the San Francisco Giants Parade when they won the World Series in 2010 and 2012. Riverbed also pays the participation fee for employees who wish to participate in Bay to Breakers and has been for several years running, the largest group participant.
"We are thrilled to receive the Sloan Award as it recognizes the breadth of options and opportunities that Riverbed gives employees to meet the needs of their families, personal interests and health," said Mike Guerchon, senior vice president of employee services and human resources at Riverbed. "This recognition demonstrates our commitment to keeping employees happy and engaged in the workplace, which also helps to improve productivity. We continue to retain and attract top talent because of our career advancement opportunities, benefits such as flexible workplace options, and of course our team of employees that continue to develop innovative technology that meets the needs of global organizations."
"Our research consistently finds that employees in effective and flexible workplaces have greater engagement on the job and greater desire to stay with their organization. In addition, they report lower stress levels and better overall health," Ellen Galinsky, president of Families and Work Institute. "As a recipient of the 2012 Sloan Award, Riverbed ranks in the top 20 percent of employers nationally in terms of its programs, policies and culture for creating an effective and flexible workplace. What makes this honor so special is that their employees have corroborated this, affirming that it is indeed an effective and flexible workplace."
About When Work Works
When Work Works is a national project to educate the business community on the value of workplace flexibility by sharing research and promising practices, and conducting the annual Sloan Awards. It is an ongoing initiative of the Families and Work Institute and the Society for Human Resource Management. For more information about the When Work Works project and the Alfred P. Sloan Awards for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility, visit www.whenworkworks.org.
Riverbed delivers performance for the globally connected enterprise. With Riverbed, enterprises can successfully and intelligently implement strategic initiatives such as virtualization, consolidation, cloud computing, and disaster recovery without fear of compromising performance. By giving enterprises the platform they need to understand, optimize and consolidate their IT, Riverbed helps enterprises to build a fast, fluid and dynamic IT architecture that aligns with the business needs of the organization. Additional information about Riverbed (NASDAQ: RVBD) is available at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed and any Riverbed product or service name or logo used herein are trademarks of Riverbed Technology, Inc. All other trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?