|By Marketwired .||
|January 16, 2013 08:04 AM EST||
IRVINE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/16/13 -- Vision Solutions, Inc., a leading provider of information availability software and services with more than 25,000 customers running Windows, Linux, IBM Power Systems and Cloud Computing environments, today announced the latest release of iTERA Availability for IBM i. Version 6.1 provides significant new features and enhancements that deliver faster replication, stronger audit technology and simpler installation, configuration and control.
iTERA Availability 6.1 is the latest version of the product previously branded as iTERA HA. It provides businesses with the ability to virtually eliminate both planned and unplanned downtime by maintaining a secondary system that is kept up to date in real time. The updated version of iTERA Availability delivers enterprise-level audit technology and simplified installation for both small and mid-size markets.
Highlights of the new version of iTERA Availability include:
- Enhanced auditing - Comprehensive auditing with self-healing ensures data integrity and worry-free role swaps. Enhanced audit technology in iTERA Availability 6.1 provides significantly increased audit performance, enhanced file and IFS data auditing, and expanded audit coverage. New reporting features give visibility into queued and active audits, previous audit results and repair history.
- Increased replication performance - iTERA Availability 6.1 fully leverages IBM's proven Remote Journaling technology to deliver even faster, more resilient communication between production and backup systems. iTERA Availability's replication is tuned to maximize performance and minimize recovery time.
- Faster virtual role swap recovery - iTERA Availability customers rely on virtual role swap tests to verify their readiness for worry free failover. iTERA Availability 6.1 delivers quicker recovery from a virtual role swap, allowing customers to quickly resynchronize their backup system after testing for high availability readiness, even in high transaction environments.
- Streamlined installation and simplified configuration - With a wizard-based, streamlined process for both new installs and upgrades, iTERA Availability 6.1 provides consistency in install size and install time. With version 6.1, iTERA Availability users can also install or upgrade all logical partitions simultaneously.
- Consolidated configuration panel - Along with expanded on-line help, the iTERA Availability 6.1 user interface includes a new consolidated configuration panel that makes it easier to manage configuration settings. The new panel consolidates more than 200 unique policies to provide easier look-up of policy settings and visibility into configuration values.
Alan Arnold, executive vice president and chief technology officer, Vision Solutions:
"The latest version of iTERA Availability demonstrates our continued commitment to providing businesses of all sizes with the best solutions for availability and data protection. With iTERA Availability 6.1, we are providing small and mid-size companies that rely on the IBM i platform with best-of-breed availability for their critical applications. We continually deliver high levels of innovation and support in order to provide customers with the highest possible levels of business continuity."
Jim Marshall, Systems Administrator, ABM Industries Inc.:
"Our goal at ABM Industries is to automate our HA and minimize daily housekeeping. The new audit technology available in iTERA Availability 6.1 is user friendly, and the reporting tool has been very useful in identifying any issues. Both help us meet our goal."
- Vision Solutions website: www.visionsolutions.com
- MIMIX Availability for IBM i: http://www.visionsolutions.com/Products/High-Availability-iTera-HA.aspx
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/VSI_Power
About Vision Solutions
Vision Solutions, Inc. is the world's leading provider of information availability software and services for Windows, Linux, IBM Power Systems and Cloud Computing markets. Vision's trusted Double-Take®, MIMIX® and iTERA high availability and disaster recovery brands support business continuity, satisfy compliance requirements and increase productivity in physical and virtual environments. Affordable and easy-to-use, Vision products are backed by worldwide 24X7 customer support centers and a global partner network that includes IBM, HP, Microsoft, VMware and Dell. Privately held by Thoma Bravo, Vision Solutions is headquartered in Irvine, California, USA with offices worldwide. For more information, visit visionsolutions.com or follow us on Twitter @VSI_Power, or on other popular social networks.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher