|By Business Wire||
|January 16, 2013 08:03 AM EST||
upLynk, a video streaming technology provider, today emerged from stealth mode and announced the release of its HD Adaptive Streaming Platform. With the upLynk platform already successfully deployed, upLynk brings unprecedented operational flexibility and cost savings to multi-platform video streaming.
upLynk offers a low cost, scalable approach to streaming broadcast-quality video to all devices. Video content is encoded in the cloud using a single, nonproprietary adaptive format that enables video to play on all major platforms and devices such as iOS, Android, Windows 8, Roku and all PC/Mac/Linux browser combinations—eliminating the need to encode a video multiple times or repackage on the fly, as many other solutions require. This patent-pending adaptive playback technology reduces the cost of encoding, storage, encryption and distribution that comes with encoding and managing multiple formats and protocols.
Disney/ABC Television Group chose upLynk to enable the delivery of its content into a seamless user experience across multiple platforms. upLynk’s technology makes the same adaptive encode work across all devices—even those that have not yet been invented—so content creators/providers will never have to pay to encode and store the same content more than once.
The upLynk platform is currently used to manage video encoding and delivery of content for web, mobile and tablet streaming apps for the ABC Player, ABC Family and WATCH Disney apps, including WATCH Disney Channel, WATCH Disney Junior, and WATCH Disney XD, providing viewers with a high quality user experience on their device of choice.
upLynk is a complete managed software as a service (SaaS) solution aimed at reducing the cost and complexity of adaptively streaming live and on-demand video to multiple devices. Its benefits include:
- Reduced cost. upLynk enables a single video format to play on all major platforms and devices—eliminating extra cost factors like encoding, storage, encryption and distribution that accompany encoding and managing multiple formats.
- Faster turnaround time. upLynk uploads, encrypts and encodes content simultaneously, eliminating the need for expensive, proprietary encoding appliances—even for live streaming.
- Unique, targeted ads for each user. upLynk integrates with any ad decision server and inserts video ads in the cloud without any client-side software development kit (SDK) or development.
“upLynk is changing the way broadcasters stream video by collapsing the traditional video workflow,” said Ken Brueck, Chief Marketing Officer of upLynk. “By using a single, nonproprietary adaptive streaming format across all major devices and platforms, upLynk delivers a simpler, more scalable solution than traditional methods, while significantly reducing costs.”
upLynk streams live and on demand adaptive HD video to major platforms and devices in a fundamentally different way. By using a single adaptive video format across all devices, upLynk removes the duplicate costs of encoding, storage, playback, ad insertion and analytics—eliminating complexity and allowing for simpler, more agile video workflows. Combined with a simple and predictable pricing model, upLynk's high quality video is uniquely suited for broadcasters already involved in a massive deployment or deploying IP video for the first time.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London