|By Marketwired .||
|January 16, 2013 07:05 AM EST||
SINGAPORE -- (Marketwire) -- 01/16/13 -- City Index Asia -- The Nikkei 225 rallied to 10801.57 points at close of play in Tokyo, as more than two-thirds of Japanese voters stated they support the Liberal Democratic Party prime minister's proposals for bringing about a recovery.
Shinzo Abe, who took office last month after a snap election, has been vocal about his plans for driving expansion in the struggling economy -- and this recent poll by the Yomiuri newspaper is proving this proactive approach has the backing of Japanese citizens, Reuters reports.
Indeed, support for Mr Abe's cabinet stood at 68 per cent, according to the survey, which is up from 65 per cent in a previous poll released before he took over the top job.
This latest survey was taken over the weekend after the government approved a fresh 10.3 trillion yen (£72 billion) round of stimulus aimed at supporting growth by adding to infrastructure spending and the development of incentives to drive investment.
About City Index:
At City Index, we provide a range of FX Trading and CFD trading services. The pages within this section are designed to provide you with all the information you need in order to start trading with City Index and help you to fulfill your trading potential.
Our range of powerful FX and CFD trading platforms are designed to help you trade safely and securely from your City Index account 24 hours a day. Features include a customisable interface, advanced charting package, flexible leverage, risk management orders and much more.
Your losses are magnified in exactly the same way as your gains if the market moves against you and can result in losses exceeding your initial outlay. Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher