|By Marketwired .||
|January 16, 2013 06:01 AM EST||
HOUSTON, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 01/16/13 -- Dr. Philip Straka, a board-certified Houston plastic surgeon, encourages his patients to take the time to carefully consider their options in regard to breast augmentation. In addition to sizing decisions, patients also have the choice between saline and silicone implants. At his private practice, Dr. Straka educates his patients to ensure decisions are made with the individual's goals in mind.
Dr. Straka offers three different implant profiles:
- Moderate Implant
- Moderate Implant Plus
- High Profile Implant
According to Dr. Straka, "In general, a moderate profile breast implant will result in a more natural appearing contour of the breast while a moderate profile plus or high profile implant will give a rounder, more projecting appearance to the breasts."
By comparison, both saline and silicone breast implants have an outer silicone shell. Saline breast implants are filled with sterile saline solution during the breast augmentation or other breast surgery, while silicone implants are pre-filled with a medical-grade silicone gel. Dr. Straka says his patients experience high levels of satisfaction with each type of implant, but silicone and saline possess different advantages:
- The gel used to fill silicone implants can create a more natural look and feel, and it more closely mimics natural breast tissue.
- Saline implants can be inserted with a shorter incision -- resulting in a smaller scar -- and provide greater adjustability of the fill of the implant.
The lifespan of breast implants varies from patient to patient. Although ruptures may occur with each type of implant, saline implant breaks are much easier to detect and can therefore be repaired in a more timely manner, says the Houston plastic surgeon.
Breast augmentation with implants is the most common procedure Dr. Straka performs at his Houston plastic surgery practice. Patients choose to have breast augmentation surgery for reasons ranging from a desire to increase breast size to correcting asymmetry. Dr. Straka uses a patient's initial consultation as a time to discuss sizing options and implant materials, working with the patient to achieve the results the individual is seeking. He considers breast augmentation the cornerstone of his practice and ensures his patients are educated in regard to all of their options before making a decision.
About Philip J. Straka, MD, FACS
Dr. Philip Straka, a board-certified plastic surgeon, earned his medical degree from Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and also served as a principal investigator in the Mentor and Allergan silicone gel breast implant studies commissioned by the Food and Drug Administration. The American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF) has certified Dr. Straka's surgical facility and recognized its commitment to the highest professional safety standards.
Dr. Straka is available for interview upon request.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2202759
Dr. Philip Straka
19701 Kingwood Dr.
Kingwood, Texas 77339
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London