|By PR Newswire||
|January 15, 2013 08:01 PM EST||
CHICAGO, Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cars.com, the premier online resource for buying and selling new and used vehicles, announced tonight, at its annual Best Of awards show, that the Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ are the winners of the site's highest honor, "Best of 2013." For the first time in Cars.com history, two car models co-developed by two automakers won the site's "Best of" award.
"Nearly identical, inside and out, the Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ sports cars provide a driving experience that is second to none," said Patrick Olsen, Cars.com's Editor-in-Chief. "The FR-S and BRZ's impressive driving ability at a remarkably affordable price made these two sports cars stand out above the other nominees."
Other nominees for the Best Of 2013 award included the BMW 3 Series sedan, Honda Accord, Honda CR-V, Ram 1500 and the Toyota Prius c.
"This year, our team of experts drove and evaluated dozens of 2013 models, and the competition was steep," said Olsen. "We test a wide array of cars that meet the needs of all different lifestyles and needs, and our group of nominees reflect that diversity. Car shoppers can be assured that all of the nominees have our seal of approval."
Cars.com also announced its Lifestyle Award winners. Winners include the 2013 Ford F-150 for "Work Truck of the Year," 2013 Ford Mustang for "Play Car of the Year," 2013 Honda Odyssey for "Family Car of the Year," and 2013 Toyota Prius for "Eco-Friendly Car of the year."
For full details on Cars.com's Best of 2013 award and all of the site's awards, visit http://www.cars.com/awards/.
Cars.com is an award-winning online destination for car shoppers that offers information from consumers and experts to help buyers formulate opinions on what to buy, where to buy and how much to pay for a car. Cars.com offers thousands of new and used vehicle listings, consumer reviews, side-by-side comparison tools, photo galleries, videos, unbiased editorial content and many other tools. Cars.com put millions of car buyers in control of their shopping process with the information they need to make confident buying decisions. Launched in June 1998, Cars.com is a division of Classified Ventures LLC, which is owned by leading media companies, including A.H. Belo (NYSE: AHC), Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), The McClatchy Company (NYSE: MNI), Tribune Company and The Washington Post Company (NYSE: WPO).
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London