|By PR Newswire||
|January 15, 2013 07:27 PM EST||
TEXAS, Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Social security disability attorney Asks - Can Getting Married Affect Social Security Disability Benefits?
A number of factors can have an impact on one's Social Security Disability eligibility and continued eligibility even after they are approved. Many people question what affect marriage may have on their eligibility for these types of benefits in the event that it occurs subsequent to their approval and ongoing receipt of benefits.
The answer varies according to a person's circumstances. If one is receiving benefits as a disabled worker, and their own work record was the considered factor for their case, then getting married typically does not affect their ability to receive payments, regardless of their spouse's income. However, if one is receiving benefits based on the work records of a former spouse, whether living or deceased, or their parents, then getting married will likely lead to a decrease or cessation of payments, or possibly considered ineligible.
With regard to benefits for Supplemental Security Income, because there are strict income requirements, marriage will likely reduce one's benefits depending on how much their spouse earns.
A qualified Social security disability attorney or advocate can provide individuals with answers to their questions pertaining to their eligibility for benefits with an evaluation of their case. Having the advice or support of an expert can be beneficial to ensure that mistakes are not made that can negatively impact the outcome of one's case, even after they have received initial approval.
The advocates of Wright & Wright, America's Social Security Disability Firm™ are experts in Social Security law and can assist individuals who need help filing SSDI or SSI claims. The firms associates are highly regarded in the field, having helped countless clients achieve successful case outcomes. Individuals may contact the firm today for a free evaluation.
Click here to bookmark Social security disability attorney 101 on Social Security Disability Benefits
Wyatt Wright Wyatt Wright, (888) 960-7734, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Wright & Wright, America’s Social Security Disability Firm™
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks