|By PR Newswire||
|January 15, 2013 07:00 PM EST||
PITTSBURGH, Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Branding Brand, a mobile commerce platform used by major retailers, today announced the results of its Mobile Commerce Index for Holiday 2012, which showed substantial increases in consumers shopping on smartphones. The analysis spanned a 35-day period, from the day before Thanksgiving through and including Christmas Day.
The Branding Brand Mobile Commerce Index is a compilation of 84 mobile sites developed by Branding Brand for retailers across a variety of industries including apparel, health and beauty, and home goods. The Index is the largest collection of data on commerce sites specifically designed for smartphones, as opposed to non-optimized desktop sites with mobile traffic.
Note: An infographic with performance data on all Branding Brand platform offerings, including apps and tablet sites, is available at http://www.brandingbrand.com/holiday2012.
The Index had the following results for the Holiday 2012 period:
- 77 million visitors
- 413 million page views (63% iOS; 33% Android)
- 620,000 orders (69% iOS; 28% Android)
- $84.66 average order value ($85.21 iOS; $81.54 Android)
- 21% of total e-commerce traffic came from smartphones
"During the holiday period on average, there were 137 page views every second, and 12 orders every minute, running through Branding Brand mobile sites," said Chris Mason, co-founder and CEO of Branding Brand. "Whether consumers were shopping, researching product, or interacting with the in-store experience, it is clear that they were doing so with their phones."
Compared to the 2011, the Branding Brand Mobile Commerce Index showed the following year-over-year holiday gains for the 21 sites that were live during both periods:
- Visits increased 109%
- Page views increased 116%
- Average order value decreased 5%
- Mobile sales increased 171%
- Conversion rate was up 30%
"While the year-over-year growth and traffic demonstrated the explosion in mobile as a channel, we are also seeing dramatic conversion rate improvements as a result of optimization work throughout our technology platform," said Mason.
ABOUT BRANDING BRAND: Branding Brand powers mobile commerce sites and apps for the world's leading retailers, including American Eagle Outfitters, Anthropologie, Brookstone, The Children's Place, Costco, Crate & Barrel, Dick's Sporting Goods, Drugstore.com, Eastern Mountain Sports, Nautica, Ralph Lauren, Sephora, Spanx, Steve Madden, Timberland, and Tumi.
Based in Pittsburgh, PA, it is the largest and fastest-growing mobile commerce platform in the industry. It is also a Google Commerce Search Partner, Google Wallet Partner, and PayPal Channel Partner. For more information, visit http://www.brandingbrand.com.
SOURCE Branding Brand
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher