|By PR Newswire||
|January 15, 2013 06:30 PM EST||
MONTREAL, Jan. 15, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - La Coop fédérée and Groupe BMR have confirmed that discussions are currently underway towards an eventual business relationship.
These discussions are being held in an active business context for Quebec distributors and retailers specializing in hardware, renovation, agricultural machinery and gardening products.
In the event that a formal agreement is reached, members, management and employees of both organizations and their affiliates will be informed first.
In order to maintain confidentiality during these developments, La Coop fédérée and Groupe BMR will not provide comments at present relating to the ongoing discussions.
About La Coop fédérée
Founded in 1922, La Coop fédérée is the largest agri-food company in Quebec, and ranks amongst the 100 largest co-operatives and mutual societies in the world, across all sectors. It is owned by over 100,000 members grouped into 102 cooperatives located in several Canadian provinces. La Coop fédérée is present throughout the agri-food chain and, as well as being a wholesaler, it also provides agricultural producers with all the goods and services they require for their farming operations. The network has five brands: Elite and La Coop (animal and crop production, grain marketing), Unimat (hardware and farm machinery), Sonic (energy) and Olymel (meat processing). La Coop fédérée employs over 9,500 people with sales totalling over $5 billion.
About Groupe BMR
Founded in 1967, BMR today is a group of independent dealers that operate 187 home renovation and hardware centres in Quebec, Ontario, the Maritime Provinces and on the French islands of Saint-Pierre & Miquelon. Retail sales for BMR members are estimated at over $1.3 billion per year and some 5,000 people work in bannered stores. BMR is the second leading banner in Quebec's renovation industry. www.bmr.co
SOURCE La Coop fédérée
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks