|By Marketwired .||
|January 15, 2013 05:22 PM EST||
LONGUEUIL, QUEBEC -- (Marketwire) -- 01/15/13 -- The President of the Canadian Space Agency (CSA) Dr. Steve MacLean has announced his plans to leave the Agency on February 1 to assume a position in a new venture to be created by Mike Lazaridis. Dr. MacLean has been serving as President of the CSA since 2008.
During his tenure as President, he was devoted as an accomplished physicist, astronaut and administrator to advancing the Canadian Space Program.
In his new position with Mr Lazaridis, Dr. MacLean will be leading a team pursuing breakthrough scientific Research and Development in the highly specialized field of Quantum Physics.
One of the original-six Canadian astronauts, Dr. MacLean joined the Canadian Astronaut Program in 1983. He has completed two highly successful missions in space, before assuming responsibility as President of the Canadian Space Agency.
Follow us on :
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks