|By PR Newswire||
|January 15, 2013 05:21 PM EST||
BALTIMORE, Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- PPE Casino Resorts MA, LLC, an entity affiliated with principals of The Cordish Companies, applied today for a gaming license in Massachusetts, meeting the State's January 15, 2013, application deadline. The Company is still evaluating several excellent sites within the State and deciding between the Category 1 and 2 licenses.
"We are very enthusiastic about the Massachusetts market and look forward to working with the State and the Massachusetts Gaming Commission on our application," stated Joe Weinberg, Managing Partner.
The Cordish Companies (www.cordish.com), now in its fourth generation of family ownership, is an international conglomerate of businesses, including one of the leading gaming, entertainment and real estate development companies in the United States. The Company has developed among the most successful casino entertainment resort properties in the United States, including the Hard Rock Hotel & Casinos in Hollywood/Ft. Lauderdale and Tampa, Florida. The Company opened Maryland Live! Casino (www.marylandlivecasino.com) in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C. corridor, the 3rd largest commercial casino in the United States in June 2012. Maryland Live! offers 4,750 slots, is in the process of adding 170 table games, and includes a live music venue, 6 restaurants and is adjacent to a 1.3 million square foot regional retail/entertainment destination – Arundel Mills. Maryland Live! Casino has the highest slot revenue in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Table games are expected to be introduced at the property 2nd quarter 2013.
The Cordish Company has diverse development expertise with divisions focused on Gaming & Lodging, Entertainment & Mixed-Use, Sports Anchored Districts, Shopping & Lifestyle Retail, Office and Residential. The Cordish Companies also owns and manages a diverse group of operating businesses, ranging from gaming, restaurants/clubs to live music promotion and film/media distribution. The company values itself on the quality of its operations, its long-term relationships, and high level of integrity in all of its endeavors.
The Cordish Companies is the largest and most successful developer of entertainment districts and concepts in the United States. In particular, the company has unparalleled experience in creating and revitalizing high-profile destinations in urban core locations. Many of The Cordish Companies' projects involve public/private partnerships and are of unique significance to the cities in which they are located. Prime examples are the company's prominent role in the redevelopment of Baltimore's world-famous Inner Harbor; Atlantic City, NJ; Hollywood, FL; Charleston, SC; Houston, TX; Louisville, KY; Tampa FL; Kansas City, MO; and Towson, MD.
The Cordish Companies has received the highest possible national awards in its various area of expertise. In real estate, The Cordish Companies has received an unprecedented seven Urban Land Institute Awards of Excellence. www.cordish.com
SOURCE The Cordish Companies
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London