|By Marketwire .||
|January 15, 2013 04:00 PM EST||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/15/13 -- Mobius Photonics, an innovative producer of short-pulsed fiber laser sources (IR, UV and visible wavelengths), announces the introduction of "G2" -- a family of short-pulsed, high-power, high-repetition-rate fiber laser sources that can produce either ultraviolet (UV), green or infrared (IR) output. G2 lasers are intended for applications that demand precision processing and rapid throughput, including microvia drilling, stereolithography and printed circuit board trenching.
"Mobius' standard G2 lasers provide more than double the output power over our previous G-Series lasers," said Kiyomi Monro, Mobius Photonics CEO. "We believe G2 lasers are an ideal option for system integrators and manufacturers who need fast, high-quality material processing from a cost-effective laser. We are also happy to announce that we shipped customized, pre-production systems to a leading capital equipment manufacturer where they have been evaluated with success for the last several months."
G2 is offered in three standard configurations -- one that can produce up to 60W of 1064 nm output; a second that produces up to 45W at 532 nm; and a third that produces up to 30W at 355 nm. G2 systems feature pulse widths tunable between two and six nanoseconds and repetition rates adjustable up to two MHz. Pulse widths remain consistent with changes in rep rate. Output is diffraction-limited. A modular product design facilitates field servicing and upgrades as well as custom configurations.
Mobius plans to display a G2 laser system at its Photonics West 2013 exhibition booth, #130. The Photonics West exhibition is scheduled for February 5-7, 2013, at Moscone Center in San Francisco, California.
About Mobius Photonics
Founded in 2005, Mobius Photonics, Inc. produces fiber-based laser sources for applications ranging from material processing for solar cell manufacturing, semiconductor fabrication and assembly, and flat panel display manufacturing, to scientific uses such as super-resolution microscopy. The Mobius Photonics team combines in-depth understanding of customer needs with manufacturing experience, and pushes the state-of-the-art by working in close collaboration with suppliers and customers around the world.
For more information, visit www.mobiusphotonics.com or call (408) 496-1084.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks