|By PR Newswire||
|January 15, 2013 02:01 PM EST||
NEW YORK and SAO PAULO, Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Midas Medici Group Holdings, Inc. ("Midas") (OTCBB: MMED), an innovative IT infrastructure and managed services company, today announced that its CIMCORP brand will expand the structure of virtualization and cloud computing of the Federal University of Bahia (UFBA), through a contract valued at US$ 250,000.
The project involves the virtualization of the production servers at the Federal University of Bahia. Based on this project, the private cloud will provide various services to the university community, including providing mobility to teachers and managers by facilitating access to information and systems from anywhere through tablets, smartphones and other devices with high availability. Another feature of the solution is the replacement of the current platform of e-mails from the University to VMware's Zimbra, a collaborative tool with a more friendly and productive interface.
"With the use of a virtualization solution from VMWare, UFBA will get several benefits including: mobility, reduction of the vulnerabilities inherent in the academic environment, and the capability to create new environments for testing and development systems very easily. Other advantages of the new platform are a reduction of energy consumption and increased efficiency of backup," stated Luiz Claudio Mendonca, IT director of UFBA.
CIMCORP was hired to deploy the solution, and will have the responsibility to ensure service level availability (SLAs) under a long term contract. Thus UFBA ensures that the work environment meets their needs, with the added benefit of ease of keeping the technology up to date.
"In addition to the structures already in place, we are working with the University on a business continuity solution, which will have its deployment facilitated through existing virtualization tools. Thus, the client's investment will be maximized and the institution will always be updated," explains Nana Baffour, CEO and Co-Founder of Midas Medici.
About Midas Medici
Midas Medici Group Holdings, Inc. (OTCBB: MMED.OB - News) is a managed IT services and infrastructure company. Across its CIMCORP and UtiliPoint brand, Midas works with its customers by optimizing IT and data center investments, streamlining communications between departments, reducing costs and preventing data loss, all while maximizing productivity.
Visit Midas Medici on the Web at www.midasmedici.com.
Midas Medici Chief Financial Officer
+1 (212) 792-0920
SOURCE Midas Medici Group Holdings, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London