|By Business Wire||
|January 15, 2013 01:15 PM EST||
NexGen Storage today announced that its n5-150 storage system has been selected as a finalist in the Storage magazine and SearchStorage.com Products of the Year. NexGen Storage was selected from hundreds of product entries based on its product innovation, value and storage performance control capabilities.
Customers around the world have used the NexGen n5 to:
- Consolidate VDI and business-critical applications on a single SAN. NexGen’s Storage QoS (quality of service) provides control, automation, and guaranteed performance to both mission-critical applications and VDI from a single storage solution.
- Eliminate storage sprawl. NexGen’s SAN has the horsepower and performance management to enable significant consolidation and cost savings.
- Guarantee performance for all applications within a shared storage environment. By assigning performance levels to each application, IT administrators can ensure performance never drops below targeted levels.
“NexGen’s selection as a product of the year finalist underscores the importance of predictable storage performance as companies look to expand server virtualization deployments to their business- and mission-critical applications,” said John Spiers, CEO and founder, NexGen Storage. “NexGen’s approach to shared storage delivers guaranteed performance regardless of workload peaks and requirements. Plus, we allow IT administrators to increase consolidation, reduce storage footprint, and save money from both a $/IOP and $/GB perspective.”
The NexGen n5 is a hybrid SAN that utilizes PCIe solid-state from Fusion-io and offers Storage QoS, which provides control, automation, and guaranteed performance for all applications. NexGen’s n5 allows IT administrators to assign performance levels to each application so that performance never drops below that level.
Storage magazine and SearchStorage.com editors and other storage industry experts along with storage users judge the entries. According to the publication, fifty-two enterprise data storage systems products in six categories stood out among the hundreds of entries for the 2012 Storage magazine/SearchStorage.com Products of the Year because they demonstrated technical innovation and offered solid value. In addition, the products provide practical functionality while performing well, and can integrate relatively easily with existing data storage infrastructures, plus each product is notable for its ease of use and manageability.
About NexGen Storage
NexGen Storage offers the first PCIe solid-state storage system designed from the ground up to manage performance just like capacity. Unlike any other shared storage system, NexGen offers both Storage QoS for managing performance and Service Levels to ensure mission-critical application performance no matter what happens. At the same time, NexGen’s PCIe solid-state architecture avoids performance bottlenecks to offer the best price/performance ratio of any midrange storage solution. Committed to channel success, NexGen provides reseller partners registered deal protection and rich margins on every opportunity. For more information, visit www.nexgenstorage.com.
NexGen Storage and NexGen Storage logo are trademarks of NexGen
Copyright 2011, NexGen Storage, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks