|By PR Newswire||
|January 15, 2013 10:32 AM EST||
Website urges activists to tell Congress, "No Budget Plan, No Debt Hike"
WASHINGTON, Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- It's been nearly four years since the Senate fulfilled its Constitutional responsibility to pass a budget, yet President Obama is pressuring Congress to raise the debt ceiling once again to accommodate for another year of trillion-dollar deficits and irresponsible spending. FreedomWorks launched the website, www.DCDoYourJob.com, to combat the pressure from the White House and give grassroots America a platform to take back its voice in the secretive, closed-door budgeting process.
FreedomWorks' Legislative Counsel Dean Clancy commented, "The Senate is required by law to pass a budget each year, and taxpayers deserve to see a real plan to reform spending. There should be no debt ceiling increases until Washington returns to regular order and passes a budget. Call me old-fashioned when it comes to beltway traditions, but this used to be called 'doing your job.'"
Clancy added, "Not to mention, Congress still owes the American people $1.2 trillion in sequester savings promised from New Year's Eve fiscal cliff deal."
FreedomWorks is urging all members to demand that Congress resist raising the debt ceiling, and instead return to regular order, do their jobs, and pass a budget as required by law. As the debt ceiling deadline approaches, targeted Congressional offices will be posted on the site for activists to contact directly.
FreedomWorks is a grassroots service center to a community of over 2 million activists dedicated to advancing the ideas of individual liberty and constitutionally-limited government. For more information on FreedomWorks' opposition to the debt ceiling increase, please visit www.DCDoYourJob.com, or contact Trey Grover at Tgrover@FreedomWorks.org.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher