|By PR Newswire||
|January 15, 2013 05:18 AM EST||
DENVER, Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Sorrento Networks recently announced the availability of its new Optical Data Center (ODC) card, a dual port, multi-rate line card that can provide 4G, 5G Infinaband, 8G, 10G, and 16G WDM interfaces. The card utilizes SFP+ optics to provide the latest in optical technology to Sorrento's customers.
The ODC card's many interfaces will enable customers to use one platform for all their WDM transport needs, reducing their capital expenditures and operational costs. Equipped with encryption capabilities, the ODC card protects customers' sensitive data as well.
"Our ODC card is one of the lowest cost solutions for WDM transport in the industry, providing enhanced features such as encryption," says Jim Nevelle, CEO of Sorrento Networks. "As our customers' need for bandwidth increases, the need to reduce network deployment costs has intensified. We're excited to provide increase bandwidth and greater flexibility to optical network providers by offering a one-card solution."
The ODC is an additional line card in Sorrento's GigaMux 3200 product family. Due to the dual ports, the ODC card can double the capacity of an existing GigaMux 3200 system. "On a 10G basis, the ODC card will provide a 40 percent cost savings over existing solutions," said Nevelle.
Sorrento's ODC is available now and purchase orders are being placed. Visit www.sorrentonet.com to learn more.
About Sorrento Networks — Adding Intelligence to WDM
Sorrento Networks is a global provider of metro optical access solutions, offering an edge-to-regional CWDM, DWDM and ROADM product portfolio to carriers and enterprises. Sorrento Networks' GigaMux optical transport products efficiently add bandwidth to clients' networks and transport mission-critical services and applications across the network infrastructure. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colo., with offices in Fremont, Calif. and Stuttgart, Germany. For more information, visit www.sorrentonet.com.
Sorrento Marketing Sorrento Marketing, +1.303.803.9416, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Sorrento Networks, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher