|By Marketwired .||
|January 15, 2013 05:01 AM EST||
ORLANDO, FL -- (Marketwire) -- 01/15/13 -- Dr. Alfredo Gapuz offers his patients advanced options and solutions for smile maintenance and enhancement, including Invisalign® and full mouth rehabilitation. As part of his commitment to keeping current with the latest technology and techniques in the field of aesthetic dentistry, Dr. Gapuz participates in national and international seminars to continue his studies. In July of 2012, he attended the International Association of Comprehensive Aesthetics (IACA) conference in Florida where some of the top practitioners in the industry gathered to promote continued dental education through lectures, panel discussions, and workshops.
The IACA's mission is to "provide a vehicle for healthcare professionals to learn and experience advanced oral health and practice management education." At the IACA conference, Dr. Gapuz attended panel discussions on:
- Neuromuscular removable dentures
- Neuromuscular dentistry and anatomy
- Expanding the boundaries on neuromuscular dentistry
- Dental malocclusion in edentulous patients
- Fixed prosthetic neuromuscular principles
Dr. Gapuz says neuromuscular dentistry operates with the philosophy that the temporomandibular joints and masticatory muscles in connection to the central nervous system function as a unified whole. The Orlando dentist adds this unique approach to dentistry is particularly relevant for the treatment of TMD.
The objectives of the panels at the IACA conference include:
- Treating movement disorders
- MS treatment
- The relationship between occlusion and overall patient health
- The Cervical-Occlusal link discovery
At Aesthetic and General Dentistry, Dr. Gapuz's private Orlando cosmetic dentistry practice, he utilizes neuromuscular dentistry to determine the root causes of jaw and head pain and provide complete relief. His treatments restore the jaw joints and muscles of the jaw and neck to healthy, optimum function.
By attending conferences such as the one hosted by the IACA, Dr. Gapuz is able to learn about state-of-the-art technology in neuromuscular dentistry and incorporate that technology into his practice and TMJ treatment. Aesthetic and General Dentistry's J5 Myomonitor unit assists the muscles in a patient's jaw and neck to relax, allowing Dr. Gapuz to examine the bite in its natural position. The K7 Joint Tracking Analysis system evaluates the movement and function of a patient's jaw and bite, helping Dr. Gapuz diagnose any malocclusion. This high-tech equipment produces digital records and documentation that Dr. Gapuz then sends to a lab to manufacture any restorative or orthotic appliances.
About Alfredo M. Gapuz, DMD
Dr. Alfredo Gapuz is a graduate of De Ocampo Memorial College and holds a Doctor of Dental Medicine degree. He attended pre-dental school at the University of the East and is currently attending the Advanced Functional Restorative Dentistry program at the Las Vegas Institute with a focus on neuromuscular dentistry. Dr. Gapuz is trained in a number of procedures including porcelain veneers, teeth whitening and sedation dentistry. He is available for interview upon request.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2201495
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks