|By Business Wire||
|January 15, 2013 04:00 AM EST||
.CO Internet, the company behind one of the most successful global domain extensions in history today announced the global launch of Scandinavian Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) in the .CO namespace. The domain of choice for startups and entrepreneurs around the world, .CO recognized the exponentially increasing number of non-English speakers and decided it was a natural progression to begin offering .CO domain names in alternate languages.
“We’re excited to announce the launch of Scandinavian IDNs,” said Crystal Peterson, Director of Global Sales & Channel Marketing, .CO Internet. “This launch is crucial to extending our reach and making .CO domain names even more appealing to individuals, start-ups, small businesses and big brands worldwide.”
The launch includes the Icelandic, Danish, Finnish, Swedish and Norwegian languages. Scandinavian IDNs will be available for registration within the second and third level domains of .co, .com.co, .net.co, .nom.co and any restricted third level domains (.org.co, .mil.co, .gov.co, .edu.co). .CO is dedicated to ensuring that the rights of brand owners are considered and protected, and any that wish to take proactive steps to protect their marks, are urged to contact their registrar or reseller for details as soon as possible. All IDN .CO domain names are available for general registration beginning today.
In just over two years since its launch, the .CO domain has become one of the most successful top level domain extensions in history, with nearly 1.4 million web addresses registered by people and companies in over 200 countries. From start-ups and small businesses to big brands and multinational corporations, .CO is increasingly becoming the web address of choice for innovators and entrepreneurs the world over. For more information about .CO, please visit go.co or follow us on Twitter @dotCO.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London