|By ACN Newswire||
|January 14, 2013 11:04 PM EST||
In his new role, Chan will be responsible for providing overall GIS leadership for Avnet Technology Solutions Asia Pacific and oversee the GIS application and infrastructure team in Asia. He will also assume the responsibility of driving Avnet's operational excellence strategy in the region.
William Chu, President, Avnet Technology Solutions, Asia Pacific, is delighted to announce the appointment and comments, "We see Max as a great addition to our able and dedicated personnel in Asia. With a strong track record in business technology strategies, project management and complex system implementation, we look upon Max to helping us ensure that internal technology solutions are at their best and supporting our operational excellence and profitable growth objectives."
Chan has extensive experience in Asia as well as Americas and Europe, where he has held previous positions, thus, having the ability to integrate global processes sensibly with an Asian context.
Chan used to be Vice President, IT, Asia, Building Efficiency for Johnson Controls, during which, he has he has been instrumental in driving business technology strategy and transformation, technology innovation, as well as the deployment of major/complex systems, including SAP internally.
Born and raised in Malaysia, Chan has been living in Hong Kong for the past 13 years. He holds an MBA in Strategy Management and a B.Sc. degree in Mathematics.
About Avnet Technology Solutions
As a global IT solutions distributor, Avnet Technology Solutions collaborates with its customers and suppliers to create and deliver services, software and hardware solutions that address the business needs of their end-user customers locally and around the world. The group serves customers and suppliers in the Americas, Asia Pacific, and Europe, Middle East and Africa. It generated US$10.8 billion in annual revenue for fiscal year 2012. Avnet Technology Solutions is an operating group of Avnet, Inc. For more information, visit www.avnet.com .
Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), a Fortune 500 company, is one of the largest distributors of electronic components, computer products and embedded technology serving customers globally. Avnet accelerates its partners' success by connecting the world's leading technology suppliers with a broad base of customers by providing cost-effective, value-added services and solutions. For the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012, Avnet generated revenue of $25.7 billion. For more information, visit www.avnet.com .
Melinda Ilagan/Grace Yu EASTEWST Public Relations email@example.com
Copyright 2013 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London