|By PR Newswire||
|January 14, 2013 06:08 PM EST||
AKRON, Ohio, Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- At this week's North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (Nasdaq: GT) is proud to supply original equipment tires to some of the vehicles being showered with top new vehicle awards.
The updated 2013 Ram 1500 pickup, which rides exclusively on Goodyear tires, was selected "North American Truck/Utility of the Year." The award is selected annually by 49 North American automotive journalists, and the honor is announced during Press Days for the NAIAS in Detroit, which kicks off this week.
Goodyear supplies several different tire fitments for varying Ram 1500 models – including the Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor, Wrangler SR-A and Fortera SL tires. Fitments range in wheel diameters from 17- to 22-inch sizes. The Goodyear Wrangler SR-A tires in 17- and 20-inch sizes were especially singled out for low rolling resistance, helping Chrysler to gain a best-in-class fuel economy rating for the Ram 1500.
In addition, the NAIAS Urban Green Vehicle of the Year, the Tesla Model S, was announced at the 17th annual Urban Wheel Awards on the eve of the auto show. Standard fitment for the Tesla S are Goodyear Eagle RS-A2 tires in a 245/45R19 size.
"Supplying the tires for some of the most highly respected vehicles on the road is a familiar role for us, and we are proud when experts choose Goodyear tires," said Johann Finkelmeier, Goodyear's vice president, original equipment. "These vehicles are winners, and we want the tires to play an important role in that appeal."
Goodyear tires are original equipment on many vehicles from Acura, Audi, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Hummer, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jeep, Land Rover, Lexus, Mazda, Mercury, Nissan, Ram and Toyota. Traditionally, more new vehicles in North America are equipped with Goodyear tires than any other brand.
For more information about Goodyear's broad selection of tires for cars, light trucks, SUVs, and more, visit www.goodyear.com.
SOURCE The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London