|By Marketwire .||
|January 14, 2013 04:39 PM EST||
EDMONTON, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/14/13 -- Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada, a branch of the federal government, recently signed a five year funding agreement with SCcyber E-Learning Community, an online education program that produces top high school graduation rates for Aboriginals.
Since 2000, SCcyber has graduated Aboriginal students from more than 25 reserve and off-reserve settings in Alberta and North West Territories.
"Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada has recognized the SCcyber program as a regional success story," said Martin Sacher, CEO of SCcyber E-Learning Community.
SCcyber high school curriculum is accredited by the Alberta Ministry of Education, and its job skill training courses are accredited by partner post-secondary institutions. Programs also meet employment standards for resource companies who hire Aboriginal employees according to community engagement agreements.
"Our mission is about Aboriginal economic inclusion," said Gaylene Weasel Child, SCcyber Director of Public Relations. "Our successful educational model also provides people the tools to form their own opinions, and guide their own lives."
The agreement started in Fall 2012, and allows the federal government to directly fund students of the internationally awarded organization, based in Red Deer, Alberta. Since the funding agreement was approved, an additional seven First Nations have signed up for SCcyber's online programs.
SCcyber E-Learning Community has won several national and international awards from such organizations as The Conference Board of Canada and the Global Best Awards.
SCcyber E-Learning Community
Gaylene Weasel Child
Director of Public Relations
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks