|By PR Newswire||
|January 14, 2013 03:35 PM EST||
OAKLAND, Calif., Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Alameda County Social Services Agency is raising some eyebrows in its quest to enroll thousands of low-income residents in Medi-Cal health insurance. The new ad campaign, "Cover Your Family," features minimally clad families including parents, grandparents and children, covering themselves with signs touting the need for medical insurance. According to Lori A. Cox, Agency Director, "Our message is that you wouldn't let your family go without clothes – why let them go without health coverage?"
Medi-Cal is California's Medicaid program providing health insurance to low-income families, pregnant women, children, seniors, disabled people and refugees. Thousands of residents of Alameda County are eligible for Medi-Cal, yet are not enrolled. As a result, people are not receiving routine preventive medical care, which can lead to more serious health concerns and higher costs for their care down the road.
Alameda County Supervisor Wilma Chan welcomes the County's new outreach efforts. "It is estimated that there are 15,000 children in our community who are eligible for Medi-Cal but who are not enrolled. This campaign will help spread the word that it's easy to find out if your family is eligible and to get the health coverage you need."
The Social Services Agency has set up a phone number, 510-COVER-US (510-268-3787) to provide the public with information about Medi-Cal, eligibility, and how to apply. People may also apply online at www.benefitscalwin.org or go to www.dhcs.ca.gov to download application forms.
The "Cover Your Family" ads will run in English and Spanish and will be featured on billboards, buses, transit shelters and convenience stores throughout Alameda County. The campaign will run through April 2013.
Social Services Agency,
Media Relations Officer
Cell Phone: 510.207.2074
SOURCE Alameda County Social Services Agency
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher