|By PR Newswire||
|January 14, 2013 03:30 PM EST||
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ovation, the only network devoted to artists and every kind of artistic expression, had a banner ratings year in 2012. According to recent Nielsen data, the network is up 35% in total day household ratings year over year, placing it #5 in terms of annual growth across 102 ad-supported cable networks.
In Prime Time (Monday to Sunday 8-11pm), Ovation was up 23% year over year in household ratings. This ranks the network 9th in growth in the category across 102 ad-supported networks for 2012.
"Nothing like some ratings bells to ring in the New Year," said Robert Weiss, Chief Creative Officer Ovation. "These latest Nielsen numbers prove that Ovation is on the right track and is a network that out-paces many other networks its size and larger in terms of growth. We're on a roll and with the programming initiatives we have planned for this year, and we anticipate even greater ratings growth in 2013."
Ovation is a network devoted to artists and every kind of artistic expression. Ovation programming is a one-of-a-kind mix of original and selectively curated series, films, documentaries and specials. The network reaches a national audience of 51 million homes and is available on cable systems across the country, as well as nationally on DIRECTV, Dish, Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-Verse. Ovation is also available in HD and VOD (both in standard and high definition). Ovation extends its linear channel experience for viewers online via its popular website, www.ovationtv.com. In addition, Ovation is also active in the social media space. See the Ovation Facebook page for the latest information and conversations about the network and the arts: http://Ovtn.tv/fb.
For Further Information, see the Ovation media site: www.ovationtv.com/media
 Ovation analysis of Nielsen MarketBreaks data, ratings calendar year 2012 vs 2011
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?