|By PR Newswire||
|January 14, 2013 02:01 PM EST||
CALGARY, Jan. 14, 2013 /CNW/ - The Northern Gateway Project is a game changer for construction workers in the coming years. It opens new markets for "Made in Canada" oil products not only for North American customers but now to the world's second largest economic region.
Robert Blakely, Director of Canadian Affairs says "canadian construction workers will benefit not only from the initial build but also from oil and gas infrastructure expansion in Alberta of Canada's reserve of petroleum products. As we already know, when oil and gas investment is made in Alberta, all regions of Canada benefit. When the Gateway is finished it opens up new markets to Canadians in every industry".
Pipeline building will not only increase the petroleum production capabilities of Canada, but will further cement our place as an oil-producing country in an increasingly energy hungry world. There are an estimated 315 billion barrels of oil available in the oil sands - the continued expansion of this resource will contribute to Canada's energy super power status.
John Telford, Canadian Director for the United Association of Plumbers and Pipefitters says "this project will provide jobs to members in Eastern Canada as well as the West. "
The regulation of the oil and gas industry as a whole ensures that the impact to the environment and native peoples will be minimal and the benefits should far exceed any possible drawbacks.
In Canada, the BCTD represents 450,000 skilled trades workers. The North America-wide Building and Construction Trades Department, AFL-CIO (American Federation of Labour-Congress of Industrial Organizations) coordinates activities and provides resources to 15 affiliated trade unions in the construction and manufacturing industries. It has 386 state, provincial and local councils in Canada and the United States.
SOURCE Building & Construction Trades Department, AFL-CIO
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks