|By Business Wire||
|January 14, 2013 12:32 PM EST||
International Data Corporation (IDC) hosted a Webinar, IDC - 2013 Chief Risk Officer (CRO) Predictions: The New Dialog with IT and the CIO, highlighting the top 10 predictions for the year ahead. Featuring analysts Simon Ellis, Jill Feblowitz, Greg Girard, Scott Lundstrom, Shawn McCarthy, David Potterton, and Michael Versace, the session provided organizations with insight and perspective on long-term industry trends along with new themes that may be on the horizon. The Predictions Webinar series is designed to help company leaders capitalize on emerging market opportunities and plan for future growth. An audio replay of today's webinar will be available within 48 hours. To access the replay, please visit http://bit.ly/IDC_Predictions2013_CRO.
The Top 10 Predictions are:
- Prediction 1 - The cost associated with risk technologies and operations across the global financial markets continue to accelerate, topping over $100 billion in 2013.
- Prediction 2 - Without an effective enterprise finance and risk data strategy, regulatory compliance will have a material impact on industry profitability potentially by one-third, by 2015.
- Prediction 3 - Upgrades to energy trading and risk management will be driven by changing compliance and logistics requirements.
- Prediction 4 - Utility CIOs’ security practices in 2013 and beyond will center on risk management.
- Prediction 5 - The leading risk challenge in Federal government projects is effective and efficient deployment of technologies and IT services. Managing federal government mobile risk will mean balancing multiple elements of device security – enterprise standards will evolve in 2013.
- Prediction 6 - Resiliency will become a priority for manufacturers looking to master the "massive multidimensionality" of their global supply chains.
- Prediction 7 - Through the lens of risk management, global trade management and import/export capabilities will drive investment priorities.
- Prediction 8 - Leading retailers in 2013 will manage risk with big data analytics, begrudged PCI compliance, and a merchant bill of rights.
- Prediction 9 - Digitization in the form of connected health, EMR, accountable care, and personalized medicine push breach economics to the edge.
- Prediction 10 - Economic risk impact of medical identity theft to crest at $60 billion for patients, providers, and payers; health risk impact impossible to measure.
For additional information about these predictions or to arrange a one-on-one briefing, please contact Sarah Murray at 781-378-2674 or email@example.com. Reports are available to qualified members of the media. For information on purchasing reports, contact firstname.lastname@example.org; reporters should email email@example.com.
About IDC Predictions
A hallmark of IDC's offering for three decades, the annual Top 10 Predictions reports provide IDC's outlook on the IT market, across industries, in the coming year. IDC will publish dozens of Top 10 Predictions documents for 2013. Please visit www.idc.com/predictions2013 for a complete listing.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,000 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. For more than 48 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. You can learn more about IDC by visiting www.idc.com.
About IDC Insights
IDC Insights lines of business assist businesses and IT leaders, as well as the suppliers who serve them, in making more effective technology decisions by providing accurate, timely, and insightful fact-based research and consulting services. Our global research and analysis is focused on mitigating technology risks, maximizing the effectiveness of IT investments, identifying new opportunities, and bringing forth technology solutions that are aligned with the organization's business objectives. International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology market. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world’s leading technology, media, research, and events company. For more information, please visit www.idc.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 508-872-8200. Visit the IDC Insights Community at http://idc-insights-community.com/.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher