|By PR Newswire||
|January 14, 2013 11:05 AM EST||
ARLINGTON, Va., Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ARC, the financial settlement link between airlines and travel sellers, reported today the consolidated dollar value of airline tickets sold by U.S.-based travel agencies increased 2.93 percent* year-over-year in 2012 compared to 2011, and 9.22 percent compared to 2010. Ticket sales for 2012 totaled $84.5 billion, compared to $82.1 billion in 2011, and $77.4 billion in 2010.
Passenger segments in 2012 decreased slightly 0.13 percent at 369.9 million, compared to 370.4 million in 2011–while reflecting a 3.0 percent decrease compared to 2010. Ticket transactions in 2012 also decreased slightly by 0.47 percent over 2011, while down by 2.5 percent compared to 2010.
More detailed information is available at https://www.arccorp.com/news/stat/2012-12.jsp
ARC powers the U.S.-based travel network with premier business solutions, travel agency accreditation services, process and financial management tools, and powerful data and analytics. Nearly 16,000 travel agencies and 187 airlines use ARC's settlement services, which in 2012 totaled more than $84 billion. As the industry's gold standard of accreditation, ARC allows participating agencies and carriers to focus on what's important – increasing their revenue. Established in 1984, ARC is headquartered in Arlington, Va. For more information, visit www.arccorp.com.
Notes for Editors:
- Results based on sales data ending Dec. 31, 2012 from 13,965 U.S. retail and corporate travel agencies, satellite ticket printing offices, and online travel agencies.
- Does not include sales of tickets purchased directly from airlines.
- Total sales are equal to the total amount paid for a ticket, which includes taxes and fees.
©2013 Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC). All rights reserved.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks