|By Business Wire||
|January 14, 2013 11:02 AM EST||
Toca Boca (www.tocaboca.com), the world’s leading digital toy developer, today announced that its digital toy apps have surpassed 27 million downloads worldwide in just 21 months. Since its first release in March 2011, the company has launched 17 apps for iOS and Kindle Fire platforms. At any given time throughout 2012, one or more Toca Boca digital toys were ranked in the Top 10 within the Education category. Additionally, Toca Hair Salon was a Top 10 Entertainment app for the entire year, 365 consecutive days. Toca Hair Salon 2, which just launched last month, now joins the top rankings as well.
In addition to fan validation, industry pundits have heralded Toca Boca as a breakaway success. Last week, Toca Boca was honored with a prestigious 2013 Kids at Play Interactive (KAPi) Award, being named the most pioneering team in children’s technology. The KAPi Awards are collaboratively produced by Living in Digital Times and Children’s Technology Review and judged by a panel of 13 journalists and experts in children’s interactive media.
“Winning the KAPi Award for the most pioneering team in the industry is an amazing honor and underscores that Toca Boca is truly changing the role of play on digital platforms in a way that is meaningful to kids and their parents,” said Toca Boca Founder and CEO Björn Jeffery. “Our uniquely whimsical characters and play environments encourage exploration, imagination and creativity and the team looks forward to further raising the bar across these areas in 2013.”
Other recent awards and accolades bestowed on Toca Boca include:
- The App Store Editors’ Choice, December 2012: Toca Hair Salon 2
- Babble The Top 50 Apps for Kids 2012: Toca Kitchen
- MacWorld 2012 App Gems Awards: Toca Train
- Mom’s Choice Awards, Gold: Toca Tailor and Toca Band
- National Parenting Publications Award (NAPPA) 2012, Gold : Toca Train
- The Telegraph iOS Apps of the Year 2012: Toca Tailor
- The Lovie Awards 2012, Bronze: Toca Kitchen
For more information about Toca Boca and its digital toy apps, visit www.tocaboca.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London