|By Marketwired .||
|January 14, 2013 10:05 AM EST||
BENTON HARBOR, MI -- (Marketwire) -- 01/14/13 -- Concerned for its property and company's operations, New Products Corporation (NPC) is pointing to Harbor Shores' plans that date back to 2005, showing residential and other development on its land. Plans also reveal Harbor Shores' development on Modern Plastics' property, the neighboring company that is now in bankruptcy along with beachfront improvements adjacent to Benton Harbor's water plant property.
"It's important for the public to be aware that the developers of Harbor Shores have had a long term strategy to encroach and take over our property and our neighbors in Benton Harbor," said Cheryl Miller, NPC's president and CEO. "If it can happen to us, it can happen to anyone. We refuse to be run over and forced to close our manufacturing operations."
In September 2011, NPC filed a lawsuit against Harbor Shores and developers of the Harbor Shores Golf Course for taking the company's property without asking. It is now part of the 18th fairway. This lawsuit is still pending in Berrien County Circuit Court, as the parties engage in discovery.
More recently, NPC took action to help protect its own operations and creditors of its neighbor Modern Plastics, which was forced to close its doors in 2008 and file for bankruptcy. When NPC, a creditor of Modern Plastics, learned about the proposed bankruptcy sale of Modern Plastics real estate on North Shore Drive to Harbor Shores for only $25,000, NPC made a counter offer.
A bankruptcy court hearing date about the proposed sale that was scheduled in Kalamazoo on Wednesday, January 9, 2013, has been postponed until March 6, 2013.
"It's interesting that our attorney was only notified by the bankruptcy trustee of the bankruptcy court hearing postponement via email on Tuesday afternoon, January 8, with no reason given," added Miller.
PDF Attachment Available: http://media.marketwire.com/attachments/201301/118230_Drawing1.pdf
PDF Attachment Available: http://media.marketwire.com/attachments/201301/118231_Drawing2.pdf
PDF Attachment Available: http://media.marketwire.com/attachments/201301/118232_Drawing3.pdf
PDF Attachment Available: http://media.marketwire.com/attachments/201301/118233_Drawing4.pdf
PDF Attachment Available: http://media.marketwire.com/attachments/201301/118234_Drawing5.pdf
PDF Attachment Available: http://media.marketwire.com/attachments/201301/118235_Drawing6.pdf
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2200647
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2200649
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2200651
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2200653
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2200655
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2200657
Margaret Blohm, APR
Margaux & Associates, LLC
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London