|By Business Wire||
|January 14, 2013 09:00 AM EST||
GigaSpaces Technologies, a pioneer of next-generation application platforms for mission-critical applications, today announced that it has received the prestigious 2012 North American New Product Innovation Award from Frost & Sullivan. The award recognizes GigaSpaces’ product XAP (eXtreme Application Platform), an efficient in-memory data-grid platform for fast, scalable, high-availability data access for applications as well as real-time event processing.
Frost & Sullivan conducted an extensive research on several in-memory data-grid technologies available on the market and selected GigaSpaces XAP as the highest-performing solution.
“GigaSpaces XAP provides the best alternative for enterprises to achieve faster data processing of applications and to improve the overall performance of the system,” said Swapnadeep Nayak, research analyst, Technical Insights at Frost & Sullivan. “XAP can seamlessly scale according to business needs, reduce latency of the system, and leverage benefits of storing data directly into the memory, all through a single platform. The innovative elements and great feature sets of XAP can prove to be a very effective tool to handle issues with large, real-time data processing for several application segments, such as mission-critical applications, financial applications, gaming applications and, most importantly, analytical applications for various industries.”
Criteria used by Frost & Sullivan to benchmark GigaSpaces Technologies’ performance against key competitors included:
- Innovative Element of the Product: At the core of the latest version of GigaSpaces XAP is its real-time data analytics system, which has the ability to process massive data sets for real-time applications. A major challenge for data-grid developers is to successfully develop a system for Big Data applications. This has been successfully accomplished by a single platform, which meets up reliability, scalability, and performance requirements.
- Leverage Leading-Edge Technologies in Product: The primary focus of GigaSpaces Technologies is to offer high scalability and high availability of data for applications through its XAP In-Memory Distributed Data-Grid Caching Solution. By leveraging multiple clustering topologies, such as replicated, master/local, partitioned, and so on, the In-Memory Distributed Data-Grid Caching Solution from GigaSpaces enables storing huge amounts of data into the memory. With the replication technique into the peer clusters, the solution ensures high availability of data at any point of time for the applications.
- Value-Added Features/Benefits: Frost & Sullivan’s research reveals that compared to competing solutions, GigaSpaces XAP offers advanced monitoring and management functionality made possible by the high level of automation for different functionalities associated with the data grid. Leveraging cloud support for private, public, and hybrid environments, XAP enables easy scalability to any environment without the need for any specific framework development for applications.
- Increased Customer ROI: Frost & Sullivan’s competitive benchmarking finds that a major advantage for customers of GigaSpaces XAP is the interoperable nature of the solution, which supports several programming languages within the single platform interface without the need for any additional tools. Furthermore, the performance of GigaSpaces’ in-memory data-grid enables customers to benefit in terms of cost and time invested into the process. The in-memory data-grid optimizes resources efficiently and has the capability to reduce cost significantly for the organization, to about 60 percent with six-times scaling of enterprise applications. Fast data processing with low-latency service is one of the most demanding features for mission-critical applications and commodity servers.
- Customer Acquisition/Penetration Potential: Leveraging the fast processing speed of GigaSpaces XAP’s in-memory data-grid, along with its efficient utilization of resources through dynamic scaling, significantly improves performance of mission-critical applications and applications requiring fast response from the data store.
Decision Support Matrix for
New Product Innovation Award
|Measurement of 1–10 (1 = lowest; 10 = highest)||Award Criteria|
|Innovative Element of the Product||Leverage Leading-Edge Technologies in Product||Value-Added Features/Benefits||Increased Customer ROI||Customer Acquisition/Penetration Potential||Weighted Rating|
|Relative Weight (%)||20%||20%||20%||20%||20%||100%|
Source: Frost & Sullivan
“We are honored to receive such a prestigious award,” said Adi Paz, GigaSpaces EVP of Business Development & Marketing. “Having objective validation of the excellent feedback we’ve already received from customers about XAP’s capabilities, especially those related to processing massive data sets for real-time applications, confirms we are on the right path. We will continue to deliver solutions that keep ahead of enterprises’ need to deal with the continual, rapid increase of streaming data in the mission-critical aspects of their business.”
GigaSpaces Technologies is the pioneer of a new generation of application virtualization platforms and a leading provider of end-to-end scaling solutions for distributed, mission-critical application environments, and cloud enabling technologies. GigaSpaces is the only platform on the market that offers truly silo-free architecture, along with operational agility and openness, delivering enhanced efficiency, extreme performance and always-on availability. The GigaSpaces solutions are designed from the ground up to run on any cloud environment – private, public, or hybrid – and offer a pain-free, evolutionary path to meet tomorrow’s IT challenges.
Hundreds of organizations worldwide are leveraging GigaSpaces’ technology to enhance IT efficiency and performance, among which are Fortune Global 500 companies, including top financial service enterprises, e-commerce companies, online gaming providers and telecom carriers. For more information, visit http://www.gigaspaces.com, or our blog at http://blog.gigaspaces.com/.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks