|By PR Newswire||
|January 14, 2013 08:31 AM EST||
CARY, N.C., Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Polepod transforms virtually any hiking, ski, or tent poles into a camera tripod capable of supporting up to 20 lbs. The resulting tripod can be self-supporting with 2 or 3 poles. The 2-pole configuration utilizes a rope fastened to the ground in place of the third pole. This configuration is extremely simple to use and surprisingly stable. The 2.4 oz (68 gram) Polepod is completely "pocketable", making it very convenient and quick to set up and use. It is the only known "pocketable" tripod that can form a full-size tripod.
Andy Stough, founder of NV8 Design, is a licensed Professional Engineer and a very amateur photographer. On a recent hike, he realized that the hiking poles he and his wife were carrying comprised 90% of a tripod. He was thus inspired to design the Polepod, which has now replaced the heavy, clunky tripods that seemed to never make it out of his pack.
NV8 Design has initiated a Kickstarter campaign featuring the Polepod. The campaign will run through Feb. 14th, 2013. Limited quantities of the Polepod are available starting at $14.99. A successful campaign will result in production Polepods being delivered May 1, 2013.
Andy Stough formed NV8 Design to bring products to market that solve a problem in a new or unique way. At least 10% of all profits generated by NV8 Design will go to charity.
Contact: Andy Stough - Andy@NV8Design.com, 919-749-5999
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE NV8 Design
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London