|By PR Newswire||
|January 14, 2013 07:30 AM EST||
DALLAS, Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Compass Datacenters has achieved numerous strategic milestones since the company launched operations in April of 2012, laying a foundation for strong growth in the coming year. "This has been a very productive first few months for our company since our public launch in April, and I am very proud of how far we've come in such a short time," said Chris Crosby, CEO of Compass Datacenters. "We have exceeded all of our objectives for 2012, and we have a solid foundation in place for growth over the coming 12-18 months."
Compass began construction and leasing of data center campuses in two markets during 2012:
- The campus in Franklin, Tennessee (in suburban Nashville) that will have a total of five (5) data centers on the site, each with 1.2 MW of IT load.
- The campus in Durham, North Carolina (in Raleigh's Research Triangle Park) that will have a total of three (3) data centers, each with 1.2 MW of IT load.
- Compass Datacenters has completed its first leases in both markets. Windstream Hosted Solutions will be anchor tenants in both campuses and has announced details about the key role these facilities will play in their IT infrastructure.
"Both of these projects are off to great starts, with construction fully under way in both Durham and Franklin. Completion of the first data center buildings on the Durham and Franklin properties is projected for late Q1 and early Q2 2013, respectively," said Chris Curtis, Senior Vice President, Development & Acquisitions at Compass Datacenters.
Other milestones include:
- The first formal round of funding, a $45 million credit facility with an accordion feature up to $100 million from KeyBank.
- Tier III certification from Uptime Institute for Compass' facility design
Crosby added: "We have a tremendous team in place and are poised to continue building within our strategic anchors of product leadership, operational excellence and customer intimacy. Our ability to be guided by these principles will enable us to successfully grow our base of customers and the company in 2013."
About Compass Datacenters
Compass Datacenters builds and operates standalone data centers using its patent-pending Truly Modular™ Architecture, which provide customers with dedicated wholesale solutions where they need them. The innovative design of its facilities make it possible for Compass Datacenters to deliver state-of-the-art solutions for customers anywhere in the United States, serving the vast majority of companies that are not located in the few markets where geographically-constrained data center facilities are currently concentrated. For more information, visit www.compassdatacenters.com.
SOURCE Compass Datacenters
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher