|By Business Wire||
|January 14, 2013 06:30 AM EST||
Predictix today announced that Crate and Barrel is implementing a broad suite of planning solutions from Predictix, including Merchandise Financial Planning/Merchandise Financial Management, Assortment Planning and Item Planning.
The Predictix solutions are being deployed across all Crate and Barrel brands—Crate and Barrel, CB2 and The Land of Nod—and will go live this quarter as part of a strategic plan to optimize the retailer's planning processes.
Predictix is delivering an integrated suite of cloud-based solutions for Crate and Barrel that unifies all merchandise, assortment and item planning decisions and breaks down the silos between planning and forecasting—creating one version of certainty across the company. The Predictix solutions are built upon the Predictix Adaptive Platform for Intelligent Decisions™, which includes a common forecasting engine across all applications, sophisticated predictive analytics, the latest high-performance retail science, and the unlimited elasticity and computing power of the cloud.
Predictix provides the agility and configurability to adapt to the complex requirements and precise needs of each of Crate and Barrel's brands and channels—including retail stores, online and catalog sales, franchises, international locations and outlets—while offering a consistent set of solutions to run all aspects of its rapidly growing business.
Key benefits of the Predictix implementations for Crate and Barrel will include:
- Increased inventory turns, better margins. By ensuring the product selection is correct, Crate and Barrel can be confident that the best possible products are available in the right quantities and allocated to the right locations—improving inventory turnover, increasing full-price sales and reducing markdowns. The Predictix applications will also provide visibility to the margin contribution and profitability of each assortment and item.
- Better decisions on seasonal merchandise. Crate and Barrel's merchandise assortment includes a large number of seasonal items with a well-defined selling period. With the Predictix planning applications, the company will have greater confidence about these planning decisions and maximize the profitability of each selling season.
- Consistent decision-making across all brands. Crate and Barrel has grown both by brand extension and acquisition and currently uses different planning processes and tools across its brands. The Predictix planning applications will introduce a consistent methodology while bringing new rigor and granularity to their planning processes.
"Predictix is providing Crate and Barrel with a set of strategic planning solutions that are unique to our business," said Aaron Rose, Senior Director, Merchandise Operations and Strategic Planning, Crate and Barrel. "We anticipate immediate business results that will benefit our customers, given the agility of the planning solutions and the speed with which the Predictix team has worked to configure and deliver applications that meet our exact needs."
"The complexities and challenges of Crate and Barrel's business model are ideal for Predictix," said John Moffitt, EVP Business Development, Predictix." Our customer base is made up of innovative, high-growth retailers who want to compete and win with a highly differentiated business model, and Crate and Barrel is a perfect example. We look forward to a successful implementation that delivers ongoing value to their organization."
Predictix empowers retailers and brands to drive competitive advantage and market differentiation through innovative planning, merchandising and supply chain solutions. The Predictix Adaptive Platform for Intelligent Decisions™ leverages Big Data, sophisticated predictive analytics, the latest high-performance retail science, and the unlimited elasticity and computing power of the cloud. Our unified decision support platform quickly enables retailers to gain real-time, accurate insights that shape better decisions, improve agility, and reduce risk.
Predictix transforms the way decisions are made – allowing you to create market differentiation and outperform the competition. Learn more at www.predictix.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher