|By PR Newswire||
|January 14, 2013 04:02 AM EST||
LONDON, January 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
SKYCIG, the UK's leading distributor of e-cigarettes, today launches its biggest above the line advertising campaign, a revolutionary move from a brand which has been at the forefront of the e-cigarette industry. The TV commercial, showcasing SKYSTART - SKYCIG's latest product offering - is the first of its kind in the UK, and is set to change the way consumers are exposed to the e-cigarette industry.
The advert, produced by Povey Sindall Media, is a great achievement for the brand, especially since advertising tobacco and smoking related products on TV, has been banned since the early 1970s. Since the company's inception, SKYCIG have proven to be pioneers within the industry, and are continuing to lead in the ever growing market place.
The company's ethos and dedication to building an established e-cigarette community has played an integral part in the look and feel of the commercial. The advert, shown on 5 USA for an initial one month period, reveals SKYCIG as a product which can be used at any time of day. Ideal for the early risers, 9 to 5 workers, and all those all-nighters - it's the perfect replacement for when users crave a traditional cigarette.
Designed to simulate the act of smoking tobacco, without the 4,000 carcinogenic chemicals found in traditional cigarettes, SKYCIG e-cigarettes contain just nicotine, delivered in the form of water vapour, and are considered a much healthier alternative to smoking.
The advert coincides with recent figures indicating an estimated 600,000 e-cigarette users in the UK to date, and that SKYCIG replaced 130,000,000 cigarettes in 2012. The UK's e-cigarette market is predicted to be worth £250m by 2014.
Damien Scott, UK Commercial Director, SKYCIG says: "Producing the first SKYCIG TV commercial was very challenging, especially with it being the first advert of its kind in the UK. It's so rewarding to see the final and fully approved advert and it's great to be part of a brand which is so pioneering in the industry. I believe that the clearance of such an advert shows how attitudes towards e-cigarettes are changing and how the products are being recognised as a healthier alternative to smoking. I would like to express a huge thank you to the team at Povey Sindall Media, who without them, this journey may have taken a lot longer"
Notes to Editors
- SKYCIG have 30% industry market share
- SKYCIG exclusively import electronic cigarettes and own their manufacturing facilities unlike any other company in the UK
- Company is growing 10% month on month and has done so for the past 18 months
- SKYCIG replaced 130,000,000 cigarettes in 2012
- An average SKYCIG customer will save £2,100 per year compared to the cost of traditional cigarettes (20 cigarettes a day)
- Internationally - full operations to begin in France, Ireland, Italy and Eastern Europe within the year
For more information about SKYCIG or to arrange a trial of the product, please contact the team at PHA Media:
Shelley Frosdick T: +44-(0)207-025-1373 / email@example.com
Dani Boskovic T : +44-(0)207-025-1375 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Jessica Herman T: +44-(0)2074400780 / email@example.com
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks