|By PR Newswire||
|January 14, 2013 04:02 AM EST||
HELLERUP, Denmark, January 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Saxo Bank, the multi-asset online trading and investment specialist, today launched the mobile-optimised version of its corporate website on m.saxobank.com
The ubiquity of mobile services coupled with the increasing popularity of smartphones and tablet computers, has sparked a steep increase in mobile web usage.
According to the latest data from Statcounter, global mobile traffic is growing rapidly and represented 14.5% of total Internet traffic in 2012.
The amount of people in the US accessing websites from a mobile device went up by 82% from 2011 to 2012, according to the Nielsen Social Media Report 2012.
Around 10% of visitors to the Saxo Bank website now use a mobile device and Saxo Bank's mobile applications have been downloaded more than 90,000 times since launch 15 months ago.
m.saxobank.com now complements Saxo Bank's comprehensive digital offering by providing mobile visitors with a broad range of functionalities, including a user-friendly overview of the Bank's products, platform features as well as conditions and spreads in a compact view, optimised for mobile screens.
The mobile site also enables visitors to easily open live and demo accounts, and to directly download the SaxoTrader apps for iPhone, iPad and Android, for on-the-go trading.
Christoffer Castenskiold, Vice President of Global Web Strategy and Communication, comments:
"The mobile version of saxobank.com is the logical and contemporary extension of our ongoing efforts to provide our clients with the best possible user experience. Mobile is evolving rapidly and Saxo Bank is constantly adapting to meet new clients demands wherever they are. With more connectivity, our visitors, leads and clients have more freedom to use our services wherever and whenever they want."
m.saxobank.com is accessible from Monday, 14 January. Visit saxobank.com on your mobile device now.
About Saxo Bank
Saxo Bank is a leading online trading and investment specialist, offering private investors and institutional clients a complete set of tools for their trading and investment strategies. A fully licensed and regulated European bank, Saxo Bank enables clients to trade FX, CFDs, ETFs, Stocks, Futures, Options and other derivatives via three specialised and fully integrated multi-asset trading platforms; the browser-based SaxoWebTrader, the downloadable SaxoTrader and the SaxoMobileTrader application. The platforms are available in over 20 languages and are white-labelled by more than 100 major financial institutions worldwide. Saxo Bank also offers professional portfolio and fund management as well as traditional banking services through Saxo Privatbank. Founded in 1992, the Saxo Bank Group is headquartered in Copenhagen with 25 local offices throughout Europe, Asia, Middle East, Latin America and Australia.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London