|By PR Newswire||
|January 14, 2013 04:02 AM EST||
LONDON, January 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
MoneySupermarket recognises the best banks and building societies in 2012
MoneySupermarket, the UK's number one comparison website, today announced the winners of the 2012 'Supers' awards. The 'Supers' award the financial services companies that have provided the very best products and services in the last year - as judged by MoneySupermarket customers and leading independent experts. Times are tough for people in the UK and having access to great products to help them save and manage their money is increasingly important.
The winners of the 2012 'Supers' awards are as follows:
Best Current Account Provider - first direct
Shortlisted - The Co-operative Bank, first direct, Santander
Best Savings Account Provider - Santander
Shortlisted - Halifax, ING Direct, Post Office, Santander
Best Mortgage Provider - HSBC
Shortlisted - Chelsea BS, first direct, HSBC, NatWest
Best Credit Card Provider - Barclaycard
Shortlisted - Barclaycard, Halifax, Tesco Bank
Best Loans Provider - Sainsbury's Bank
Shortlisted - Derbyshire BS, Sainsbury's Bank, Tesco
Product Innovation Award - Santander 123 Current Account
Shortlisted - Santander 123 Current Account, Santander 123 Credit
Card, Nationwide BS for 'Savings Watch'
Best Overall Provider - first direct
Highly commended - Santander
Kevin Mountford, head of banking at MoneySupermarket, said:
"The MoneySupermarket 'Supers' awards recognise those brands that have stood out from the pack during 2012. Despite on-going challenges for the industry as a whole, we have seen many banks and building societies continue to offer a range of competitive deals for consumers. More importantly, feedback from our customers, who purchase and use these products on a daily basis, was vitally important and we have taken their feedback on board in deciding the winners.
"For the second year running, first direct has taken the crown for the 'Best Overall Provider' award, being recognised by both its customers and our judges for the lead position it holds in the market. Once again, first defect's customer service was ahead of its rivals, scoring consistently across all of its main product areas."
first direct provides both telephone banking and online banking services to its 1.2m customers. It offers a full range of personal banking products including its award winning Current Account and offset mortgages.
For further information contact Rebecca Hirst on +44(0)113-276-6899, email@example.com or Louise Weaver / Hugh Murphy at The Wriglesworth Consultancy on +44(0)20-7427-1400, firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London