|By PR Newswire||
|January 14, 2013 03:01 AM EST||
LONDON, January 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Product placement deal sees bespoke furniture on set -
ITV and DFS announced an agreement which will see the iconic sofas on ITV's flagship daytime programme, This Morning, change to a new hand crafted design.
The one-year partnership, developed by Mediacom Beyond Advertising, will see the bespoke DFS furniture on-air from Wednesday 2nd January 2013 with an introductory strap-line appearing live to announce the placement to viewers.
The product placement will be supported by an off-air licensing agreement which will allow DFS to use the This Morning logo in store and online. The agreement also includes the launch of a dedicated area on ITV.com with information on the partnership, product ranges and competitions. The partnership will be supported via social media by both parties.
Katherine Marlow, Branded Content Manager, ITV Commercial said: "We are delighted to announce another high profile product placement agreement for This Morning. Once again we have worked extremely closely with our production partners to ensure the seamless integration of a multi-platform campaign alongside on-air activity whilst still fulfilling a programme's editorial need."
Nick Ashworth, Media Manager at DFS said: "As the leading British retailer and manufacturer of handmade sofas, we are hugely excited to be working with ITV to showcase the design and build quality of our hand crafted sofas in one of their most recognisable daytime programmes. It is a great opportunity for DFS to look at building a partnership beyond spot advertising, in order to engage and interact with a very loyal audience."
Chris Fuller, head of broadcast sponsorship for MediaCom Beyond Advertising, said: "The DFS and This Morning partnership really puts product placement at the heart of a much bigger integrated solution that also includes experiential; licensing; and branded content. All parties involved have taken a really considered and collaborative approach as to how we can deliver a highly engaging and cohesive campaign across 2013."
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher