|By PR Newswire||
|January 14, 2013 12:01 AM EST||
DETROIT, Mich., Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Destino made its world premier today at the North American International Auto show as the newest four-door performance car in the world market of exclusive automobiles. Based on an award-winning design by Henrik Fisker and powered by the internationally applauded Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 powertrain, Destino is the result of collaboration by industrialist Gilbert Villereal and former General Motors Vice Chairman Bob Lutz.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/destino-premiers-at-the-2013-north-american-international-auto-show-186549901.html
"The goal in designing and engineering this automobile is to provide true motoring enthusiasts with an exquisite work of automotive art that performs at a world-class level. Attention to detail is a paramount concern, as is reliability and ease of maintenance," according to Lutz. "We have made styling modifications to differentiate our design and reengineered the chassis to accommodate the 638bhp ZR1's handcrafted LS9 engine with either a manual or automatic transmission. The result is truly an American designed, engineered and manufactured four-door performance car that rivals such models as the Porsche Panamera and Aston-Martin-Lagonda Rapide.
"We are developing our distribution network now and will deliver Destino on a first-come, first-served basis. Customers will have the option of customizing the exterior color and interior trim," Lutz said.
Destino has an overall length of 202.8 inches and a 124.4 inch wheelbase. Overall height is 52.4 inches.
Destino will be manufactured in Auburn Hills, Michigan under the auspices of VL Productions. Destino is scheduled for retail sales in the second half of 2013 following certification and validation. Prototypes are currently in testing.
Additional information, specifications and photos are available at www.VL-Automotive.com.
SOURCE VL Productions
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher