|By PR Newswire||
|January 13, 2013 11:00 PM EST||
FORT WORTH, Texas, Jan. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- An Ulterra 8 3/4-in. U513S PDC bit drilled a high-angle build section in an Eagle Ford well in 6.5 hr., beating the best offset rate of penetration (ROP) by 16.4%, according to the company.
The shale-specific PDC bit drilled the 15 degree /100'- curve section with a 30 degree change in azimuth in a Dimmit County oil well, 129 mi. southeast of San Antonio. Typically, directional programs such as these are challenging and require high bend mud motors which can decrease efficiency, ROP, and overall well bore quality. "The unique design features of Ulterra U513S, which focus on sliding and tool face optimization, are a perfect match for aggressive directional plans. The ability of the U513S bit to effectively build the curve at an aggressive rate of 15 degree /100 increases the wells production zone and allows operators to reach the pay zone faster than possible with typical motor-driven drilling assemblies," says Ulterra Sales Engineer, Ross Pearce. "This gives operators a deeper kickoff with higher vertical ROPs, thus reducing the time to drill the well."
The U513S comprises a shale-specific steel body design that incorporates advanced body geometrics and CFD hydraulics into an aggressive bit with excellent tool face control. Its application-specific LightSpeed developed cutters maintain a sharp diamond edge throughout a run, allowing the bit to drill longer and faster.
Ulterra is a leading provider of premium PDC drill bits and downhole tools for the oil and gas industry. Its strength resides in the experience and wisdom obtained from industry veterans, designing high-quality, high-performance PDC bits for global markets. Its localized focus enables Ulterra to respond quickly to customer's specific applications with customized solutions.
VP Bus. Development
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?