|By PR Newswire||
|January 13, 2013 09:00 PM EST||
DETROIT, Jan. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT took top honors in the annual car of the year awards bestowed by the Inter-American Federation of Automotive Journalists (FIPA) when it was named the "2013 Car of the Americas" during the press preview days at the North American International Auto Show.
Comprised by a group of independent automotive journalists residing in the United States and throughout Latin America, each new vehicle introduced last year was evaluated based on its contribution to the automotive industry in terms of technology, emissions, safety and economy and the 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT was selected as the winner in the car category. Sold in Latin America as a 3-door variant called the Hyundai i30, the Elantra GT is available in the United States as a 5-door model as part of the expanded Elantra lineup.
"Elantra GT truly showcases how Hyundai is redefining the compact car and setting new standards in automotive design, efficiency and functionality," said Mike O'Brien, vice president, Product and Corporate Planning, Hyundai Motor America. "We are honored that this unique and diverse group of journalists in over two continents have recognized the Elantra GT's positive impact on the global automotive industry."
Headquartered in Guatemala, FIPA has administered the annual car of the year awards for 12 consecutive years. According to Nestor Larrazabal, Executive Director, Superior Council at FIPA, the group of automotive journalists considered a total of 10 new vehicles with the Elantra GT winning the largest share of votes.
Univision Network has partnered with FIPA to present the awards during the North American International Auto Show on January 14, 2013. The U.S. Hispanic market is not only fueling growth in the United States but has also become a major driving force in the automotive industry. Univision is one of the leading media companies connecting and informing Hispanic Americans with the automotive industry across television, radio, digital and mobile platforms.
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA
Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Costa Mesa, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through more than 820 dealerships nationwide. All Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S. are covered by the Hyundai Assurance program, which includes the 5-year/60,000-mile fully transferable new vehicle warranty, Hyundai's 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty, and five years of complimentary Roadside Assistance.
For more details on Hyundai Assurance, please visit www.HyundaiAssurance.com
SOURCE Hyundai Motor America
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London