|By PR Newswire||
|January 11, 2013 09:15 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP, a leading national securities law firm, is investigating potential securities fraud at Groupon, Inc. ("Groupon" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: GRPN).
The investigation focuses on whether the Company and its executives violated federal securities laws by failing to disclose that: (1) a substantial portion of Groupon's revenue growth was being derived from its non-core, lower-margin Groupon Goods business; (2) Groupon's business was not growing to the extent represented by the Company; and (3) Groupon's revenue stream was shifting in a manner which would lead to lower margins.
On November 8, 2012, Groupon issued a press release announcing its third quarter 2012 earnings results, reporting disappointing revenue results for the third quarter and lowered revenue guidance for the fourth quarter of 2012 below market expectations. In a conference call following the release of Groupon's third quarter results, Groupon acknowledged that the Company's lower margin Groupon Goods business would be a more significant part of its revenues. As a result of this news, Groupon stock dropped $1.16 per share to close at $2.76 per share on November 9, 2012, a one-day decline of nearly 30% and a decline of 78% from the stock's Class Period high.
Request more information now by clicking here: www.faruqilaw.com/GRPN. There is no cost or obligation to you.
If you purchased Groupon stock or options between May 14, 2012 and November 8, 2012 and would like to discuss your legal rights, visit www.faruqilaw.com/GRPN. You can also contact us by calling Richard Gonnello or Francis McConville toll free at 877-247-4292 or at 212-983-9330 or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP also encourages anyone with information regarding Groupon's conduct to contact the firm, including whistleblowers, former employees, shareholders and others.
Attorney Advertising. The law firm responsible for this advertisement is Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP (www.faruqilaw.com). Prior results do not guarantee or predict a similar outcome with respect to any future matter. We welcome the opportunity to discuss your particular case. All communications will be treated in a confidential manner.
FARUQI & FARUQI, LLP
369 Lexington Avenue, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Attn: Richard Gonnello, Esq.
Francis McConville, Esq.
Telephone: (877) 247-4292 or (212) 983-9330
SOURCE Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks