|By Marketwired .||
|January 11, 2013 06:00 PM EST||
BOULDER, CO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/11/13 --
Pet safety is once again making headlines with the New York State Department of Agriculture's recent announcement that unapproved antibiotics were found in dog treats manufactured in China.
With several major pet treat manufacturers immediately pulling product from shelves, concerned pet owners are asking more questions than ever before about the safety of what they're feeding their beloved furry family members.
AVAILABLE FOR STORY DEVELOPMENT:
James Crouch: BIXBI Co-Founder and CEO: James is a passionate, long-time advocate for pet treat ingredient quality and safety, with years of knowledge and data on the subject. James recognized the quality and safety that comes with local, U.S.-based sourcing and production. He was so moved by the need to provide his own pets with safe food products that the former finance executive, whose family business was in mushroom farming, created his own U.S.-based pet treat business.
James is available by phone and to travel for some in-studio interviews.
"Lost Dogs" Footage: Clips from a heart-wrenching short film about thousands of dogs who got sick or died after eating toxic Chinese jerky treats.
Retailer Interviews: Sharing details on how consumers are putting their money where their mouths (and their pet's mouths) are and buying high quality, U.S.-made pet treat products in bigger volumes than ever before.
Concerned Pet-Owner Interviews: Talking about how they're digging deeper to find out exactly what they're feeding Fido and how their dogs were affected after consuming Chinese treats.
Since 2007, the FDA has actively investigated increasing numbers of pet illnesses and deaths linked to chicken jerky products imported from China. As of September 14, 2012, it had received approximately 2,200 reports of pet illness which may be related to the consumption of jerky treats. The FDA also confirmed receiving reports that included information on the death of 360 dogs and 1 cat. Additionally, the FDA has issued cautionary warnings about chicken jerky products imported from China.
BIXBI develops 100% U.S.A.-sourced and made pet products, including jerky treats, and organic mushroom-based functional food supplements. BIXBI believes pets are family members, so we should be as careful about what we put in our pets' bowls as we are about what we put in our own mouths. BIXBI encourages pet owners to really check things out when it comes to their pet's food.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks