|By PR Newswire||
|January 11, 2013 05:51 PM EST||
SALT LAKE CITY and LAS VEGAS, Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Xi3 Corporation unveiled its Z3RO™ Pro Computer, a small form factor computer the size of a small paperback at the 2013 International CES trade show, January 8—11, 2013.
With a starting price point of $399, the Z3RO Pro Computer is designed to showcase the future of small form factor desktop computing. Housed in Xi3's smallest chassis (1.875x4.875x3.625-inches), the Z3RO Pro Computer is designed for general computer use, including home and office environments, and is powerful enough for specialty applications such as digital signage environments and home theater use.
"The Z3RO Pro Computer is the ideal size for the ultimate in small form factor x86-based general computing," said Jason A. Sullivan, founder, President and CEO. "In this post-PC era, it's clear that there's no reason to buy a tower or mini-tower computer ever again. Not only does the Z3RO Pro Computer help round out the Xi3 product line, it also marks the end of desktop computing as we've known it."
The Z3RO Pro Computer is available with
- A dual-core 64-bit, x86-based processor running at 1.65GHz (with 2MB of Level2 Cache),
- An integrated graphics processor (GPU) containing 80 graphics cores (or shaders),
- 4GB of DDR3 RAM,
- 16GB—1TB of internal solid-state SSD storage (with up to 12Gbps throughput speeds),
- Two display ports providing maximum resolution of 2560x1600 (including 1 HDMI/DisplayPort v1.2 and 1 Mini-DisplayPort v1.2),
- Four eSATAp 3.0 ports, and
- 1Gb Ethernet port.
Z3RO Pro Computers operate at 15Watts of power, ship standard with openSUSE Linux v11.2, but will also run an array of other x86-based Operating Systems, including Windows 8 and lower, UNIX, other Linux variants, etc. General Availability of the Z3RO Pro Computer is slated to begin in the Second Quarter of 2013. Xi3 is accepting accept pre-orders on its Z3RO Pro Computer immediately.
About Xi3 Corporation
Formed in 2010 and headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, Xi3 Corporation utilizes "The Power of X" to bring its building block approach to the world of computing, an approach Xi3 applies internally and externally to hardware solutions and software applications. For more information on Xi3 Corporation (an ISYS TechnologiesSM company), please visit www.Xi3.com.
The shape of the three-sided single piece casing, the end plate, and the overall shape of the Xi3 Modular Computer, as well as Xi3, Modular, Xi3 Modular, Z3RO, "The Power of X" and ISYS Technologies are trademarks and unique trade dress of ISYS Technologies, Inc.
David Politis, Xi3 Corporation, 801-534-4403, politis@Xi3.com
SOURCE Xi3 Corporation
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks