|By PR Newswire||
|January 11, 2013 11:29 AM EST||
OTTAWA, Jan. 11, 2013 /CNW/ - The deadline to participate in the Canada Post design competition for the 2013 Community Foundation stamp has been extended. Children 15 years old and under are invited to submit their original artwork at canadapost.ca/stampcompetition. Submissions of stamp designs will be accepted online until midnight on February 1, 2013 (EST).
The competition invites young artists to submit designs that capture the issues faced by children and youth in Canada, and that reflect the diversity of Canadian youth, their creativity and their hopes for the future. Ultimately, designs should inspire Canadians to purchase a Community Foundation stamp and make a donation to support children's charities across Canada.
Parents, teachers and caregivers who want to teach an important lesson on community spirit, nurture a child's creativity and have them potentially win a $2,000 Registered Education Savings Plan, should visit canadapost.ca/stampcompetition for full rules and regulations.
The Canada Post Community Foundation's vision is to help ensure every child in Canada is happy, healthy and part of a community that supports and cares for them. Its mission is to have a positive effect in the lives of children in the communities Canada Post serves by supporting registered charities, school programs or local initiatives that benefit children. To learn more about the Foundation, visit canadapost.ca/community.
SOURCE Canada Post
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?