|By PR Newswire||
|January 11, 2013 04:27 AM EST||
MELBOURNE, Australia, Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Novak Djokovic, the top-ranked ATP star, showcased the benefits of his new HEAD Graphene(TM) Speed tennis racquet today by hitting a HEAD ATP tennis ball that travelled faster than an Audi R8 LMS GT3 race car, driven by Australian GT racecar driver, Dean Grant, at Melbourne's Sandown racetrack.
For broadcast quality footage, please visit the following link: http://mediagame-1.wistia.com/projects/pwq43bmkfi
For high-res images and audio grabs, please visit the Multimedia News Release:
Always jovial, Djokovic waited anxiously on the track after the green flag was waved to signal the start of the ultimate speed challenge. As the Audi R8 sped towards Novak Djokovic, he simultaneously served the ball. The ball crossed the finish line with split seconds to spare before the race car followed as Novak applauded his new racquet, leaving Djokovic undefeated once again.
Following the challenge Novak spoke about his preparations for the upcoming Australian Open and the importance of his new HEAD Graphene(TM) Speed racquet for his game. "I look forward to play my new racquet at the Australian Open. It feels lighter but provides me with maximum speed and control on each swing" Djokovic said. "And I love the new design, too!"
Graphene(TM) is a unique material consisting of a single two-dimensional layer of carbon atoms with exceptional properties. Although it's extremely lightweight, it has a breaking strength 200 times greater than steel. The integration of Graphene(TM) in the racquet shaft allowed HEAD engineers to reduce weight in the middle part of the tennis racquet and shift it to functionally more relevant areas in the grip and the head instead. As a result, the racquet becomes easier to swing, and with less effort more power is generated.
A new HEAD viral film featuring Djokovic trying his new weapon of choice in a quite unusual secret testing session was also premiered today. The film can be viewed at www.youtube.com/headtennis.
Novak's new Speed racquet will be available in retail stores around the world from today, while HEAD players Maria Sharapova, Tomas Berdych and Marin Cilic will premiere their new Graphene(TM) Instinct MP racquets as well at the Australian Open.
or after hours +61-0-414-639-009
SOURCE HEAD Tennis
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks