|By JCN Newswire||
|January 11, 2013 03:48 AM EST||
The main concept vehicles on display include, from the GRMN series, the 1.5-liter three-door "Vitz" subcompact "GRMN Vitz Turbo Concept", which is turbocharged for enhanced power performance and features a tuned suspension and strengthened body for circuit courses, and the "GRMN Sports FR Concept Platinum", a rear-wheel-drive circuit sports concept equipped with a turbocharger and supercharger. The G's series display features the gasoline-hybrid "Aqua"-based "Aqua G Sports Concept", which provides excellent fuel efficiency and driving enjoyment, and the sports sedan "Mark X G Sports Carbon Roof Concept", whose carbon roof provides reduced body weight and increased driving performance.
Four customized "86" rear-wheel-drive compact sports cars - "86 x style Cb", "86 Modellista Concept", "86 TRD Griffon Concept" and "Tom's N086V Concept" - are also on display at the TMC booth to highlight the 86's expansive customization possibilities.
TMC actively exhibits at the Tokyo Auto Salon as it views the event as one where peoples' dreams about automobiles convene. Building on last year's show, TMC hopes to convey the joy of owning, driving, and discussing automobiles cultivated through GAZOO Racing(5) activities to an even broader range of people, thereby creating new car enthusiasts.
TMC Vehicles at Tokyo Auto Salon 2013
GAZOO Racing tuned by MN:
- GRMN Vitz Turbo Concept - Concept car
- GRMN Sports FR Concept Platinum - Concept car
- GAZOO Racing LFA (vehicle that is to compete in the 41st 24 Hours Nurburgring endurance race) - Race vehicle
- GAZOO Racing 86 (vehicle that is to compete in the 41st 24 Hours Nurburgring endurance race) - Race vehicle
- Aqua G Sports Concept - Concept car
- Mark X G Sports Carbon Roof Concept - Concept car
Toyota 86-based Customized Vehicles at Tokyo Auto Salon 2013 (TMC Booth)
- 86 x style Cb - Concept car
- 86 Modellista Concept - Concept car
- 86 TRD Griffon Concept - Concept car
- TOM'S N086V Concept - Concept car
For photographs and further details, please visit http://www2.toyota.co.jp/en/news/13/01/0111_1.html.
(1) Nippon Auto Parts Aftermarket Committee
(2) Product brand forged on the streets of Nurburgring - considered by many to be the crucible of performance-vehicle development - and through other races and fine-tuning by GAZOO Racing test drivers
(3) Sports conversion series of models fully tuned by GAZOO Racing test drivers and set at an affordable price range by reducing production costs through partial inline customization and other measures to give a wider range of consumers a taste of racing and the enjoyment of cars
(4) January 11: Industry and press day; January 12 and 13: Public days
(5) Operates GAZOO.com, a customer-participation automobile portal site created in 1998, as well as the Gazoo Mura driving experience and the on-line community GAZOO Metapolis.
Supported by people around the world, Toyota Motor Corporation (TSE: 7203; NYSE: TM), has endeavored since its establishment in 1937 to serve society by creating better products. As of the end of March 2012, Toyota conducts its business worldwide with 50 overseas manufacturing companies in 27 countries and regions. Toyota's vehicles are sold in more than 160 countries and regions. For more information, please visit www.toyota-global.com.
Toyota Motor Corporation Corporate Communications Department Public Affairs Division Tel: +81-3-3817-9150
Copyright 2013 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher