|By PR Newswire||
|January 11, 2013 12:01 AM EST||
DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Continued aggressive pace of new Ford products creates need for largest U.S. hiring for salaried workers in more than 10 years
- Ford plans to hire 2,200 salaried workers in 2013 to fill jobs in such key areas as Product Development, Manufacturing and IT; recruiting through social media being expanded
- The hiring builds on the creation of more than 8,100 salaried and hourly jobs in the U.S. in 2012 – including 1,000 in-sourced hourly positions; Ford is more than halfway to its goal of creating 12,000 hourly jobs in the U.S. by 2015 to support new products and investment
Ford Motor Company plans to hire 2,200 salaried workers in the U.S. this year – the largest increase in new salaried workers in more than a decade – to support the continued aggressive pace of new Ford product introductions.
The hiring is in addition to the more than 8,100 combined hourly and salaried jobs Ford added in the U.S. in 2012, as the company increased production capacity and expanded Engineering, Manufacturing and other areas to meet the growing demand for its fuel-efficient, high-tech vehicles. Approximately 1,000 of these positions were hourly jobs brought back to Ford plants in the U.S. from other locations, including suppliers in Japan and Mexico.
The company now is more than halfway to the 12,000 new U.S. jobs it committed to deliver by 2015 as part of its 2011 contract with the United Auto Workers.
"Our One Ford plan is designed to create profitable growth, and our new hiring is a direct result of our plan working," said Joe Hinrichs, Ford president of The Americas. "As we expand our product lineup of fuel-efficient vehicles, we need more people in critical areas – such as in a range of engineering activities, vehicle production, computer software and other IT functions – to ensure we deliver the vehicles people want and value."
Ford's U.S. hiring also will help support the company's global product momentum. Ford is committed to serving customers in all markets with a full family of vehicles offering the best in quality, fuel efficiency, safety, smart design and value.
To attract new team members, Ford is expanding its use of social media to reach new, technology-savvy workers, including such sites as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. The company also is stepping up its recruiting efforts to reach military veterans.
All salaried job openings at Ford are posted on the Ford Careers website at www.careers.ford.com.
Interested candidates are encouraged to follow Ford recruitment on key networking sites, including Twitter (http://twitter.com/FordCareers) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/FordMotorCompanyCareers). Individuals who "like" the Ford Careers Facebook page and follow Ford Careers on Twitter will receive regular updates about new career opportunities at Ford Motor Company.
The company also announced in late December it is spending more than $773 million on new equipment and capacity expansions across six manufacturing facilities in southeast Michigan as it delivers on a commitment to invest $6.2 billion in U.S. plants by 2015.
The investments in Michigan will create 2,350 new hourly jobs and allow the company to retain an additional 3,240 hourly jobs. The 2,350 new positions also are part of the 12,000 hourly jobs Ford is adding across the U.S. by 2015.
"We are proud to expand our U.S. manufacturing operations in line with our aggressive new product introductions – and to create more jobs," said Jim Tetreault, Ford vice president of North America Manufacturing. "This would not be possible without the cooperation of our UAW partners. By working together, we have crafted labor agreements that improve our competitiveness and allow us to bring jobs back to Ford and the U.S."
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 172,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.
SOURCE Ford Motor Company
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher