|By PR Newswire||
|January 11, 2013 12:01 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- David R. Stewart, PhD PE and Chief Science Officer of Energy Water Solutions in Houston Texas was invited to give feedback as an expert member on the Environmental Protection Agency's Frac Flowback and Produced Water Technical Roundtable. The EPA hosts an online update via live webinar on these issues today. Dr. Stewart was invited to Washington DC with other industry experts to meetings on September 15, 2012 of the Hydraulic Fracturing panel which was held at EPA Headquarters. This committee was formed at the request of Congress, and this morning there will be a live online update to "EPA's study of the Potential Impacts of Hydraulic Fracturing on Drinking Water Resources: Flowback and Produced Water Technical Roundtable". Dr. Stewart said, "Congress asked the EPA to study these issues, and our role is to discuss future regulations including using frac flowback and produced water for beneficial use". Dave Stewart has patented technologies and processes that work together for Energy Water Solutions clients to filter frac flowback and produced water and turn it to clean fresh water. This clean water still needs state legislation passed, to be ground discharged in some states for beneficial energy and agricultural uses.
Energy Water Solutions' Dr. Dave Stewart participated in several meetings on expert panels at the invitation of the EPA, to discuss how hydraulic fracturing could affect drinking water resources. Representative energy company participants on this EPA frack water committee include Chesapeake Energy Corporation, Chevron, HighMount, Newfield Energy, Range Resources, Southwestern Energy as well as regulatory officials from the Utah Division of Oil, Gas and Mining, Wyoming Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, Railroad Commission of Texas and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. You may see the list of expert participants on the frac flowback and produced water panel and their bios at: www.epa.gov/hfstudy/pdfs/flowback-bio.pdf
The Environmental Protection Agency has scheduled a public webinar for today January 11, 2013 at 9:00 AM Central time as an update to the Hydraulic Fracturing Study progress report. To register for this public webinar please login to: www.cluin.org/conf/tio/FRACJan11/
Energy Water Solutions is a Houston Texas firm with leadership from energy, water and technology backgrounds from Conoco-Phillips, BP, Accenture, Siemens, Stewart Environmental and SAP. EWS filters produced water for oil and gas producers with scalable water filtration systems close to the well head, immediately lowering production costs and creating incremental fresh water for beneficial use in oil field and agricultural applications.
For a copy of available documents or more information, please contact:
Ed Cowsar, Executive VP Sales and Marketing
Energy Water Solutions
800 Town & Country Boulevard, Suite 300
Houston, TX 77024
or visit www.energywatersolutions.com
SOURCE Energy Water Solutions
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London